Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast devices disappear

Chromecast devices disappear

A community manager shut down this thread and asked that we post one topic per issue.  When you shut down a thread it prevents us from communicating and coordinating the creation of one post per topic.  I would have linked to this post so those monitoring it can go vote if they're experiencing it, but now this probably won't get any traction because you fragmented the 90 people who were discussing their chromecast issues in a single place.  

But, in an attempt to do what you asked, I'll post my most common issue.

A given chromecast audio device (I have 7) disappears from the list of available devices when spotify "times out" its connection.  E.g. I press pause, and after 20(?) minutes of inactivity spotify is no longer "connected" to a chromecast audio device.  So far so good, I expect timeouts to happen.  However, when I come back to Spotify to resume listening, I click the list of available devices and all of my devices show EXCEPT the one I was just connected to before the time out.  If I happen to have a google home nearby, when I say "Hey google, play spotify on <device that's missing>" the music starts and the spotify app immediatly recognizes the connection to said chromecast audio device.  None of the following resolves the issue.

• Restart Spotify.
  • Close any other apps you’re not using. 
  • Restart your Chromecast app.
  • Restart your devices.
  • Restart your WiFi connection.
0 Replies

Suggested posts