Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stops playing randomly :(

music stops playing randomly :(

Whenever i switch my screen off or am just using my phone normally, Spotify pauses. It's less of a problem when I have headphones in because I can use them to play it again but if I listen to it out loud i have to keep my phone on, which drains the battery. I've tried restarting my phone (Huawei p8 Lite) multiple times and deleting the app twice but the problem's still there. It started about 2 weeks ago but I've been using it since Christmas.
7 Replies

Turn off power saving.

I have the same issue recently (as in, the last week or so) after using Spotify for many years.

On my S7 Edge, it just randomly stops playing. It happens maybe once every few hours. I can click Play and it resumes right where it was. 

One thing I noticed is that when this occurs, my phone device shows up as offline on my PC's Spotify app (it is in the list of devices in the drop down, but shows as unavailable).  Once I click Play on my phone, it shows up as being available.

I don't have powersaving turned on.  In fact, it just happend now as I was going through all the device settings on my phone.  The Spotify app isn't closed-- it just stops playing.

Check out this post on android power management and make sure that spotify is on the exclusion list.

Noting what you said about the phone not showing up on your PC, also check that you have set "Keep wifi on during sleep" to "Always". You'll find this setting in android settings/connections/wifi/advanced.

disable google assistant and everything related to it

I am sorry but disabling google assistant is not an option for many people. What is the point of having the integration between Spotify & GA ?

Same happens to me but with mine I can't go on any apps without it stopping, when I go back to spotify It has been paused, so I press play but it goes from the beginning, it's SO annoying, I can't go on any other app. I so want this fixed

Happening to me on my Huawei P10. Also affecting playback of Castbox podcasts so im not sure its specifically a Spotify thing. It is so random, I can't work out what's triggering it. Tracks cutting out and often the track goes back to the beginning. 

@Tophdog1 wrote:

Same happens to me but with mine I can't go on any apps without it stopping, when I go back to spotify It has been paused, so I press play but it goes from the beginning, it's SO annoying, I can't go on any other app. I so want this fixed

Suggested posts