Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

Solved!

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone.  I restarted everything (cast, router, phone...) and reinstalled Spotify (including removing all cached data)...

All versions are up to date...

And still... no way for Spotify App to display my Chromecast. I get bored, really.

It was working a week ago, it is broken now.

Any suggestion someone ?

Thanks!

168 Replies

Yes, the method above still allows volume control with your phone.

I am having the exact same issue today. All of a sudden my Android devices (Pixel XL, Pixel 2 XL and Nexus 7 (2013)) are all are unable to cast to any Chromecast Audio (CCA) devices. It was working earlier in the day then stopped working in the afternoon. The Spotify app doesn't see any Chromecast (CC) devices under "Connect to a device". Pandora and other music apps have no problem seeing all CC or CCA devices and can cast so it's not a device issue. It's clearly a Android Spotify issue.

On the iPad, the Spotify app does see all of the CC/CCA devices and casts without issue.

On my computer, I'm able to see all CC/CCA devices and cast from the Spotify web player without issues.

I've tried the following to no avail:

- Clearing cache and data on all three devices (multiple times)

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on all three devices (multiple times)

- Creating a new test account thinking it may be an account issue even though it's the same account on the iPad.

- Rebooting router

- Rebooting CC/CCA devices even though those shouldn't be an issue since the iPad has no issues. 

Pixel XL and 2 XL both running Android 8.1.0, Spotify 8.4.35.152

Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 6.0.1, Spotify 8.4.35.152

Hopefully someone from Spotify recognizes this issue and fixes it ASAP.

Same problem here on a Google Pixel. I tried downgrading to several different Spotify versions, but no luck. Chromecasting from the web player seems to be the only way to go right now.

..yup.. same here.. working one day.. next NOT!!!

Samsung S7 Edge.. 

Tried reinstalls, Data clearing etc.. Pain in the A$%^

Yes. I am also having this issued (moto G4 with android 7.0 and december 1-2017 security patch). I tried everything posted here but the problem pesists. I am able to cast from the web player but not from my phone. I have the latest updates on all devices.

When will Spotify stop treating its android users like garbage? Why cant we have the same support and app experience as other iOS useres? Why do you hate us? Is our money not good enough for a better user experience?

unfortunately I can't find my Chromacast Audio from my Android phone, tablet or my wife's Android phone.

I can find it as easy as always from Soundcloud in all the devices I mentioned.

OnePlus 3T, Moto Z Play, both unable to connect to Spotify.

Workaround proposed (cast audio) works, but it's quite laggy.

All other apps can connect to my Chromecast Audio without any problems.

Same here. If I pay for this I need it to work.

If you have your own music that doesnt cast through Spoiify anyway Get Hi-Fi Cast. It works brilliantly. When trying to use Spotify today for the first time in ages it reminded me why I gave up on it. 

Same problem with my s8.  My Chromecast devices won't show up in spotify. They show up and work fine with every other app, but not spotify. I've restarted my Chromecasts, Wi-Fi, phone, spotify all, every freaking thing I can think of, but it still won't work. I've looked through forums, read articles, and nothing works. What the actual F*** gives.

Another user here with the same problem. 

Can't see any Chromecast devices in mine, either. Started sometime today on both mine and my wife's Moto X4. All other apps still cast just fine. What's going on, Spotify team?

Same issue here. Such a pain! Will Spotify respond with a fix?

I'm having this issue, too.

Same here. Samsung s8 Fiio X5 and samsung tab just stopped seeing devices. All our IOS units (2 iphones 2 ipads work as always)

Usually a reboot of the android unit fixes this but not this time.

But hey Tidal worked.....

Spotify was working to my tv Chromecast early this morning from my Samsung A 10 tablet

I then stopped casting to do something else and now Spotify can't find my Chromecast device

Yes I've done all the usual 

Same Probs since Yesterday, whit all my Androids. My Appel's got no Problems!

Its only the Spotiy App Android, Google Musik, TuneIn works great.

Greets Seek

6 pages of complaints, and not even a single reply or acknoledgment from Spotify representative?

+1 

Suggested posts