Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play songs from midway through a playlist, restarts at beginning.

I have a playlist of about 500 songs. Unfortunately because Spotify seems to have ruined their shufle feature, just shuffling the playlist results in hearing the same 30 songs in a row. A rubbish but usable solution to this is to try and play the pla...

• Regular
  • I have a playlist of about 500 songs. Unfortunately because Spotify seems to have ruined their shufle feature, just shuffling the playlist results in hearing the same 30 songs in a row. A rubbish but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

My music turns off

Everytime I Change an app my spotify wont play in the background it pauses every time and after i play agaim it still will turn off , this is frustrating im on a samsumg galaxy s8+ and if this doesn't resolve i will cancel my member ship please help

• Everytime I Change an app my spotify wont play in the background it pauses every time and after i play agaim it still will turn off , this is frustrating im on a samsumg galaxy s8+ and if this doesn'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Random pausing with some volume changes.

Hi all, My Spotify has randomly started to pause my music after approx 10 seconds. Sometimes this is accompanied by the volume decreasing then increasing prior to the pause. As you can imagine this is very annoying as I spend a lot of time listening ...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   My Spotify has randomly started to pause my music after approx 10 seconds. Sometimes this is accompanied by the volume decreasing then increasing prior to the pause. As you can imagi...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant log in "you are in offline-mode"

Hi, Anyone can help me? My Samsung Edge7 say me that "I'm currently offline-mode and I should go to online-mode so I could get connection to spotify" when I'm trying to log in. My phone is in wifi and I have mobile data on as well. all the another pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Anyone can help me?   My Samsung Edge7 say me that "I'm currently offline-mode and I should go to online-mode so I could get connection to spotify" when I'm trying to log in. &nb...
  • TroyWolf
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Every song is in grey

Hi everyone, I have an issue on my Android app as every song on the entire app is greyed so I can't select any song I want to listen to! For the same account, I don't have any trouble on my Mac so it does not come from my account... I don't know what...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,    I have an issue on my Android app as every song on the entire app is greyed so I can't select any song I want to listen to! For the same account, I don't have any trouble ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me sign in to my account on my Android phone due to offline account

My phone won't let me sign in to my account when I try to sign into it in my phone. When I try to sign in It says "You are currently set to offline; Please go online to connect to Spotify" I havent had my account offline for longer than 5-6 days. Can...

• My phone won't let me sign in to my account when I try to sign into it in my phone. When I try to sign in It says "You are currently set to offline; Please go online to connect to Spotify" I havent h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear headset controls

I cannot get Spotify tracks to pause/stop with the centre button on my BT earphones. All other buttons work including pressing same centre button to Play a track. It is annoying as I have to go in to the watch menus to pause audio when running, inste...

• I cannot get Spotify tracks to pause/stop with the centre button on my BT earphones. All other buttons work including pressing same centre button to Play a track. It is annoying as I have to go in to...
  • Aka7
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify comes on as soon as I end a call

Hello. This is really annoying. Been like that for a few days. Talk on the phone, end call, music starts playing. Tips welcome

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   This is really annoying. Been like that for a few days. Talk on the phone, end call, music starts playing.   Tips welcome 🙂
  • Magicfenetre
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Update/instal reboot my phone

Hi, Since this morning my phone can't update spotify app : when it finishes to download my phone restarts. I tried to reboot my phone before , removed sd card , uninstalled and cleaned all data from spotify , restored my phone and the problem is stay...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Since this morning my phone can't update spotify app : when it finishes to download my phone restarts.    I tried to reboot my phone before , removed sd card , uninstalled an...
  • irenemartins
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

editing the podcasts which were not played

hi, since a couple of weeks there´s no possibility to edit the podcasts ( delete ) which were not played. pressing the "cross" doesnt work anymore.does anybody know why ?

• Casual Listener
  • hi, since a couple of weeks there´s no possibility to edit the podcasts ( delete ) which were not played. pressing the "cross" doesnt work anymore. does anybody know why ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se met sur pause

J'ai un Sony xperia et depuis hier Spotify se met de lui-même sur pause toutes les 10-20 secondes. J'ai déjà essayé de désinstallé et réinstaller Spotify, redémarrer mon téléphone, mais le problème est toujours là... Que faire ??

• Casual Listener
  • J'ai un Sony xperia et depuis hier Spotify se met de lui-même sur pause toutes les 10-20 secondes. J'ai déjà essayé de désinstallé et réinstaller Spotify, redémarrer mon téléphone, mais le problème e...
  • Eurelix
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

PW problem RuneAudio

HiI used Facebook to login, but now I'm using a Raspberry Pi with DAC and Rune Audio to play music. Spotify is supported but not FB login. How I can login?

• Hi I used Facebook to login, but now I'm using a Raspberry Pi with DAC and Rune Audio to play music. Spotify is supported but not FB login. How I can login?
  • DrivenPlaylist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chrome OS Android App not working with local files

I'm working on a Chromebook with Android apps enabled, and have downloaded the Spotify Android app (not simply the web player) to stream and download songs. The Android app (like all Spotify apps) has the ability to take local files from a compatible...

•  I'm working on a Chromebook with Android apps enabled, and have downloaded the Spotify Android app (not simply the web player) to stream and download songs. The Android app (like all Spotify ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Download stuck (note 5, android 7.0)

I tried uninstalling the app and reseting my phone but nothing works. Download either stuck at 0% or x% (meaning it can get stuck whenever it wants, EVEN 99%) I never really have all my songs downloaded, at most 1/3 of em (almost 1k songs total). Doe...

• I tried uninstalling the app and reseting my phone but nothing works. Download either stuck at 0% or x% (meaning it can get stuck whenever it wants, EVEN 99%) I never really have all my songs downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs showing as grey on android but play on PC

I added a local file from itunes to my spotify library and the songs I added are on my spotify library on my computer and I can listen to them no problem.In the past I've transfered songs from my PC spotify to my Android spotify this way with no prob...

• I added a local file from itunes to my spotify library and the songs I added are on my spotify library on my computer and I can listen to them no problem. In the past I've transfered songs from my P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Não aparece a opção de importar.

Não aparece a opção de importar as músicas do próprio celular.

• Não aparece a opção de importar as músicas do próprio celular.
  • NoriDias
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Updates remove saved music? Why?!?!

Quite frequently when both my Android phone and ipad updates, all my saved (downloaded) music will 'unsave'. I've had to redownload all my music at least 6-8 times this year! Is this a problem on my end or is it an issue with the update process itsel...

• Quite frequently when both my Android phone and ipad updates, all my saved (downloaded) music will 'unsave'. I've had to redownload all my music at least 6-8 times this year! Is this a problem on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Account Expired

If my premium account has expired, do the music that i save in My Songs gone? I mean the list. Can i still stream my songs list online although it's shuffle?

• If my premium account has expired, do the music that i save in My Songs gone? I mean the list. Can i still stream my songs list online although it's shuffle?
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing on startup

Hoping someone can help me out here. For a few days now my Samsung S7 is having difficulty with the app. Anytime I open the app it just pauses on my home screen, doesn't bring anything up, just the grey background and then crashes. Which on Samsung i...

• Hoping someone can help me out here.   For a few days now my Samsung S7 is having difficulty with the app. Anytime I open the app it just pauses on my home screen, doesn't bring anything up, j...
  • Betelgeuse31
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Upgrade to Premium

I am unable to get to the premium version.. but its not showing!

• I am unable to get to the premium version.. but its not showing!
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes