Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pull down controls disappear completely after a pause or override from another app with sound

If I pause a song or it gets interrupted by another app with sound, the control bar in the pull-down menu disappears completely. It makes it almost impossible to consistently listen to music while using a variety of other apps. This has only been hap...

• Not applicable
  • If I pause a song or it gets interrupted by another app with sound, the control bar in the pull-down menu disappears completely. It makes it almost impossible to consistently listen to music while us...
  • Yunuscelebi
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Save to external SD card chosen but internal memory used

Samsung S7 edge, Spotify version 8.4.3.479 armV7, Samsung SDCX 64GB EVO. I've chosen the external SD card as the storage location for my downloaded songs, and it says it in the Spotify settings as well (see attached photo), BUT, when I check the phon...

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung S7 edge, Spotify version 8.4.3.479 armV7, Samsung SDCX 64GB EVO.   I've chosen the external SD card as the storage location for my downloaded songs, and it says it in the Spotify setti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist imposed on android

Hi, here's my problem.When i'm listening to my playlist, there are others songs who substitute and i can't swhitch them...Annoying...Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, here's my problem. When i'm listening to my playlist, there are others songs who substitute and i can't swhitch them... Annoying... Thanks
  • Spoc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime- music stops after going to other apps or texting

I have a Galaxy J7 Prime. Unlike my last Galaxy, this phone doesn't have the spotify window in the lock screen to pause, skip and go back on my playlists. It also shuts off the music after a short time if I text or open other apps. Is this something ...

• I have a Galaxy J7 Prime. Unlike my last Galaxy, this phone doesn't have the spotify window in the lock screen to pause, skip and go back on my playlists. It also shuts off the music after a short ti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify randomly pauses

Hello,I have recently started to live problem with Spotify on my Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920C). I have Android 7.0 version on my phone.The problem is that the music pauses randomly regardless of my phone is connected to my car's system on Bluetooth or no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have recently started to live problem with Spotify on my Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920C). I have Android 7.0 version on my phone. The problem is that the music pauses randomly regardless of my...
  • Yeferson
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files impossible to download

Hello, I wanted to save local files from my desctop on spotify to then be able to play it on my phone. I transfered the data to my local files on spotify from my laptop without problems, then I created a new playlist and added them. Then I downloaded...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I wanted to save local files from my desctop on spotify to then be able to play it on my phone. I transfered the data to my local files on spotify from my laptop without problems, the...
  • Ricacat
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Meu Spotify foi instalado em ingles

Não consigo configurar meu aplicativo para português.

• Não consigo configurar meu aplicativo para português.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium question

what happens to the music I've saved so far on my Spotify account if I stop using premium

• Casual Listener
  • what happens to the music I've saved so far on my Spotify account if I stop using premium
  • _lukasgraf_
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Regarding music playing during calls

People tend to have it as a problem, but I wanted to know if i could have it as a feature. Is there any way to trigger it w/o having any bluetooth devices?

• People tend to have it as a problem, but I wanted to know if i could have it as a feature. Is there any way to trigger it w/o having any bluetooth devices?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on android keeps removing albums from device

My saved albums that I've downloaded to hear of line keep on being deleted from my HTC m9 phone. I've tried uninstalling the app and updating but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?Thanks Chris

• My saved albums that I've downloaded to hear of line keep on being deleted from my HTC m9 phone. I've tried uninstalling the app and updating but this doesn't work. Can anyone help? Thanks Chris
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Inspired by listening history

How do i stop seeing John Prine's face everywhere? I dont like him. Ive never put his music on intentionally except one time i went to his radio station so i could put the thumb down on all his songs. I was hoping this would make him go away but it d...

• How do i stop seeing John Prine's face everywhere? I dont like him. Ive never put his music on intentionally except one time i went to his radio station so i could put the thumb down on all his songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S8 two Spotify Apps

Hello, Recently I bought an S8 and installed the spotify app.But when I see all my apps, I can see 2 Spotify Apps.A green one(version 8.4.4.479) and a brushed green(version 1.0.1.986). Which one is the correct one? Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Recently I bought an S8 and installed the spotify app. But when I see all my apps, I can see 2 Spotify Apps. A green one(version 8.4.4.479) and a brushed green(version 1.0.1.986). ...
  • manosspan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working

My music won't play ita plays for a second and then stops please can someone help thank you

• My music won't play ita plays for a second and then stops please can someone help thank you
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Engineered music for the deaf

Audio technology advancements could open a new platform of music that the deaf can enjoy. They sense tone, Resonance, pitch, beat, and can identify genres, by design your audio engineers have open territory to remaster songs and albums especially for...

• Roadie
  • Audio technology advancements could open a new platform of music that the deaf can enjoy. They sense tone, Resonance, pitch, beat, and can identify genres, by design your audio engineers have open te...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect no longer reliably finding devices

I am running Spotify on a Galaxy S6. The app is version 8.4.3.479 armv7. I'm paying for Spotify Premium. At home I gave two Google Home devices and one Googlecast Audio. Until about two months ago Spotify (on the S6) was fairly reliable in always sho...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running Spotify on a Galaxy S6. The app is version 8.4.3.479 armv7. I'm paying for Spotify Premium.    At home I gave two Google Home devices and one Googlecast Audio. Until about tw...
  • Danno81
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

All downloaded albums disappear from android phone daily

Starting recently and with greater regularly (now daily) I find that all the downloaded albums have deleted from my android phone. Strangely playlists are not affected, but every day this week I find all my albums have gone. I download them again ove...

• Starting recently and with greater regularly (now daily) I find that all the downloaded albums have deleted from my android phone. Strangely playlists are not affected, but every day this week I find...
  • Fergal2808
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue casting to Chromecast Audio - music just stops playing

I did a search and found a few mentions but is this a known issue?I listen to Spotify on the desktop, laptop and phone and have no issues but soon after I start casting Spotify to my Chromecast Audio the streaming stops. Sometimes it will play again ...

• I did a search and found a few mentions but is this a known issue? I listen to Spotify on the desktop, laptop and phone and have no issues but soon after I start casting Spotify to my Chromecast Aud...
  • melingaok
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

X Friend(s) Listen(s) to an Artist

On the Android app (and I'm sure other places) there's a fun feature where you can see which of your Facebook friends listen to a particular artist. I would like to know how this is determined. How frequently do you have to listen to the artist (and ...

• Regular
  • On the Android app (and I'm sure other places) there's a fun feature where you can see which of your Facebook friends listen to a particular artist. I would like to know how this is determined. How f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musics not showing at library

I downloaded a bunch of musics, they are in my phone but they don't show up in the library.I have about 900 musics and i have about 5g left in my sd card

• I downloaded a bunch of musics, they are in my phone but they don't show up in the library. I have about 900 musics and i have about 5g left in my sd card
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Charged

I used the premium month for free and on the day before my subscription would end I cancelled premium , but then the next day my dad tells me that his card was charged even though I cancelled the premium. Is it possible for spotify to return that mon...

• I used the premium month for free and on the day before my subscription would end I cancelled premium , but then the next day my dad tells me that his card was charged even though I cancelled the pre...
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes