Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

Solved!

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone.  I restarted everything (cast, router, phone...) and reinstalled Spotify (including removing all cached data)...

All versions are up to date...

And still... no way for Spotify App to display my Chromecast. I get bored, really.

It was working a week ago, it is broken now.

Any suggestion someone ?

Thanks!

168 Replies

Same here. Samsung s6. Works fine with soundcloud but can't find chromecast in spotify. Worked fine til yesterday.

Same here. Apple devices have no problems with the same account but my Samsung a3 refuse to list the devices no matter what I do. If I connect via an apple device to a certain chromecast, it appears briefly on my android as well but as soon as I disconnect it disappears again 

Well Im glad its not just me having this problem

Texted with support and explained I had this issue with all three of my Android devices (Samsung Tab S3, Samsung Note 8 and Pixelbook). After alot of nonsence 'tech support' I was told to do a factory reset. I told him that was not going to happen as Netflix was working just fine and 3 devices were having the same issue with Spotify. He just ended the support session at that point. I posted the transcript three times but it keeps getting deleted from the thread. I tried texting again and was told that they are aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as possible.

It is just frustrating not getting even a "we are working on it!" reply. So sad Spotify,  your developers should be friends with Google developer, we need you to cooperate!

Google Pixel 2 just stopped casting.  Apple iphone on the same wifi works though.

tried everything this forum says (link/unlink, restart, uninstall/reinstall)

i'm paying for this, please fix this.

Same problem being experienced.  I can cast to my Chromecast Audio using other music apps, but not Spotify.  Works fine on iPhone (so doesn't seem to impact IOS) but not on my Galaxy S7 Edge.  I even installed Google Home and Spotify on to a brand new Galaxy J5 and doesn't show up either.  Definitely something to do with the Android version of the Spotify app and something Spotify need to resolve.

i have a Google pixel. i could see my google home speakers fine last week and now i cannot see anything. You reallt stuffed it this time. P.S I can connect to my google home fine throune tunein app. so its not my phone.

I've done factory reset 5 times, I can tell you that's not gonna work.

Same problem,please

when will they solve it?
Thanks

Same problem here. Brand new nokia 6, nexus 5x and apple ipad air are not seeing the chromecast.

Same problem, from yesterday. CCA:s turns up in all other apps but Spotify. It's the same on all my android devices

Here the same problem! (Premium member)

I have an android phone and chromecast works fine with netflix, tidal, npo ect...

Accept spotify...there is just no chromecast icon in the device list...

Verry frustrading...i tried to delete and reinstal the spotify app, delete the cache and all the content...nothing helps...

My wive has a iphone and there it works just fine...so its an android probem ....

Here the same problem! (Premium member)

I have an android phone and chromecast works fine with netflix, tidal, npo ect...

Accept spotify...there is just no chromecast icon in the device list...

Verry frustrading...i tried to delete and reinstal the spotify app, delete the cache and all the content...nothing helps...

My wive has a iphone and there it works just fine...so its an android probem ....

Same problem here

same here

Same issue. My Galaxy TabS will cast other apps to my chromecast tv and chromecast audio but Spotify does not recognise (connect) either device. Spotify is my main music source. **bleep**! Must be a reason.....pull yer finger out Spotify.

#metoo

small tip for the meantime:

Playlists will still be played on casts when starting them through the Google Assistant. (but no volume control)

The same problem with Chromecast Audio for few days on my Huawei P8 Lite. Reinstalling the application and cleaning the data did not help. My phone can see other devices without a problem.

But I can connect with a chromecast from another phone (Samsung) so it isn't chromecast problem I guess?...

The free app TuneIn works great just for playing radio, funny how you pay for broken apps and then there is something there for free that works great. 

Suggested posts