Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skipping when connected to bluetooth

Constant skipping when connected to bluetooth

No matter what kind of Bluetooth device (car audio, echo, Jbl flip, etc.) songs constantly skip for about two seconds. When just listening through phone speaker there is no issue. Anyone else experience this problem.
28 Replies

G4 here, I've been having this issue for months.

I'm sure my phone is still fast enough to play music..like many people has said, this only happens with spotify, even on downloaded songs.

Btw, reset won't fix it, just delays it a bit more, after some time it will come back.

Mine began skipping in my car about two weeks ago.  Was working fine before that.  I am using  Galaxy 8.  Any update on a solution?

Having the same annoying problem on my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. Workaround is to restart the phone each time before using Spotify but this just redicoulus.

I have been having the same issue when playing through my car’s Ford Sync system and my Beats 3 wireless. The songs play between 5 and 30 seconds and then it skips to the next song. Now, it doesn’t do this on every song. Sometimes it’ll skip 10 songs in a row and sometimes every other or every two. It’s not consistent. 

I have an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11.3.1 and Spotify 8.4.52.796.

Has a fix been found? I see some have had lucky factory resetting and restoring from a backup, but I’d rather not have to go through this.

So did a factory reset 2 weeks ago of my phone to fix this but now it is already back.

This is ridiculous for a payed subscription, fix it already.

Same, reset worked for awhile but it is back, iHeart radio, google play music and amazon music work fine, im fixing to cancel this service as this issue has been unaddressed for months

Also having the same the problem. Just on car Bluetooth. Sooooo annoying. 

Reinstalling did nothing. 

iPhone X 

Restarting the song 20 times or more until there's no stuttering will do the trick. 

Although it had been gone for a few months it is now back again on full force.

Each time I'm in the car I first need to reboot my phone to be able to play without skipping.

So far I haven't figured out what the actual culprit is, as in if it is the Spotify version, offline files, anything else.

Suggested posts