Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skipping when connected to bluetooth

Constant skipping when connected to bluetooth

No matter what kind of Bluetooth device (car audio, echo, Jbl flip, etc.) songs constantly skip for about two seconds. When just listening through phone speaker there is no issue. Anyone else experience this problem.
28 Replies

Hey @Jpg10286!

Thanks for getting in touch with the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Can you let us know what device and Spotify version you're rocking? Also, is the same happening if you connect on Bluetooth other devices? 

We'd recommend to reinstall the Spotify app. Here's how

Let us know how it goes or, if you have any questions. 

Sophia, 

Have the same issue, Song skips like every 8 secs. Using headphone works fine. but car audio with bluetooth is horrid. 

Forgot to add, 

Phone: Blackberry Priv running marshmallow

Spotify Version 7.70.1179

I am having the same problem. I'm updated the most recent IOS and have resinstalled and downloaded all my playlists again. The problem is occurring with offline content as well.
iPhone 7

Same problem on Galaxy Note 3

Makes it unusable.

Hapened on downloaded song as well as streaming. Tried to uninstall and reinstsll with no success.

I am having the same issue FOR ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES! even on downloaded songs. I am using Samsung S8

Same issue also, using Nexus 6p (Android 7 and 😎 with the latest version available from the Play Store.

Happens with online and offline content, re-install made no difference.

I'm having the same problem. I have a Google pixel with latest update to Nougat and Spotify 8.4.14.439. Uninstall/reinstall didn't solve the problem. The skipping only occurs when playing Spotify to any Bluetooth speaker (headphones, car). None of my other media apps have trouble playing to Bluetooth device.

I'm having the same issue! It's so frustrating. It's happening with all blu-tooth devices. My computer to a speaker, my phone to ford sync, all of them. It doesn't happen when plugging in via AUX, but the volume is significantly lower. 

Happening to me and my girlfriend too. At the weekend I asked her to use my phone instead because the skipping from her phone on our bluetooth speaker was extremely frustrating - no luck though as my phone is doing the same. Reinstalled etc, thought it was the speaker but speaker works fine with other devices we have and different apps. Please help me fix this as I work from home it will kill my productivity!

Thanks, 

Hello Everyone,

I pretty much had to factory rest my phone to stop this from happening.

I've been the same exact problem and I am really getting annoyed of having to install and uninstall and reinstall every time I use spotify. 

I wiped my iPhone clean (erased) and restored from backup. After doing this the skipping was no longer there.

Seems like the fix it to factory reset your phone.

Hope that helps.

My Bluetooth is skipping now the same as everyone's else's on this forum. I have an Asus Android tablet and a Blue tooth stereo, I have uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it and I still have the problem and yet my laptop with Spotify is fine. If I just play Spotify through my tablet or an angel speaker it works fine, it's only happening to the stereo. Maybe I need to disconnect the blue tooth between the stereo and my tablet but I'm not sure how to do that. This is a real pain as I have over 3,000 songs on spotify. Can you suggest anything in simple terms please as I'm not great with all these gadgets. Thanks Sandie

I would say if you can reset your tablet.

That was the only thing that worked for me.

Make sure you back up everything you don’t want to lose.

It will probably be in settings —-> backup and reset or something similar.

The funny thing about this, this same issue only started with I upgraded to Spotify Premium. Didn't have this issue when I was on the free version. Just upgraded to the Premium version a few hours ago, and the issue started after that. I was on the free version earlier today, didn't have this issue when playing through a Bluetooth speaker.

I have the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I am connecting to my HMDX Splash Zone speaker. It skips every minute or so.

This only recently started happening to me, maybe with the 3rd most recent update. Running whatever OS is compatible with the Galaxy S5 (probably kitkat). I've had maybe one day in  the laSt two months that hasn't reminded me of a record or CD skipping on those favorite tracks. It's highly disappointing that the higher-ups have not fully investigated this problem and that users have found that resetting your phone to factory default fixes it. 

Suggested posts