Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controlling Spotify via Mac desktop while it is connected to my stereo through Android Mobile

Controlling Spotify via Mac desktop while it is connected to my stereo through Android Mobile

I am hoping someone can help me out.  When I first started using Spotify premium I was able use the controls (play/skip/pause/etc) on my mac desktop to to play music via my old Android phone (can't use my iphone because aux input is wrecked) connected to my stereo.  One day the Android stopped showing up in 'available devices' and just shows up in the offline devices.  Available devices shows : 'Listening On - This Web Browser', and below that 'Web Player (Chrome) Spotify Connect' shows up twice.  I have tried everything to get the Droid to show up as active/available and nothing has worked.  Both devices are on the same wi-fi network, both apps are up to date, dumped both and reinstalled.  Could someone please tell me what I need to do??  

3 Replies

Hey @jrkleyne! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

How old is your 'old' Android phone? And what Android version is it currently running?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Thanks for responding.  My Android is old (2.3.5) but I can still use it to listen to spotify through my stereo, just can't use the controls on my Mac (laziness + musical ADD = necessary, haha).  Do you know why on devices it would list 'Listening - on this web browser' and 'Web Player - Spotify Connect'?  I get the error message that 2 devices are already connected as the reason why my Droid can't be made active but wouldn't web browser and web player basically be the same thing?  I apologize if my questions are stupid but I honestly don't know and can usually figure these things out so it is frustrating.

Hey @jrkleyne!

Sorry for the delay!

No worries!

Yes, the web player and web browser are basically the same 'devices'. Could you take a screenshot of this error if possible?

Thanks!^^

Peace

Suggested posts