Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashes after I star a song

Solved!

Crashes after I star a song

Other people are probably having this problem, maybe not (I'm too lazy to look at other threads for this issue) but Spotify crashes about 5 seconds after I star a song. Anybody else?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've just cancelled my subscription over this. I'm tired of paying for premium which allows me access to this crappy app. Evo 3D. 2.3.4 stock rom. Nothing fixes this.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yup. Cancelling the subscription seems to be the only fix for this one right now. Why pay premium for mobile when you can't use the mobile app efficiently?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

What version of Android and what handset? Trying to stream a song, play a synced track or a local MP3?

Only some handsets and Android 2.3.x are officially supported - if your handset is not among the list the best (only) advice you'll get from Spotify reps is to try an uninstall and reinstall of the app.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'm using an HTC Incredible with Android 2.3.4. It doesn't crash when I stream a song, but when simply when I start one. I'll try a reinstall and see if it works.

Do you mean star - as in your first post - or start - as in your second?

If star then this sounds like the normal Android bug of crashing shortly after adding anything to a playlist (starred tracks is just another playlist).

Flaky Android app...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'm having the same starring issue but for iOS. Every time I star a song on my phone, I have to uninstall/reinstall the app for it to stop crashing. It's been an issue for about a month now and I'm clueless as to what is going on with the Spotify app.

Same here. Experienced that bug in version 2.3.3, 2.3.6 and in 4.0.2.

I am having the same problem on my Galaxy Nexus (4.0.4) and on my Transformer Prime (4.0.2)

I have to say if I don't see this issue resolved in a week or so I will cancel my subscription and just go back to Pandora

I actually notice that the mobile app crashes after I pull up "Info". I am able to star a song, no problems. If I pull "Info", and say I add a song to my playlist... when I either use back on Android, or I tap the "Info" button again (so that it goes away), Spotify crashes. Reproducable error / method. 

Running on Android 4.0, GNEX 4.0.2

Kind of hard to justify continually paying for a service with subpar apps, features and reliablity. 

Same issue here. Whenever I STAR a song, click the star next to the song so that it is added to the starred playlist, spotify will crash about 5 seconds later. definitely a reproducable error. I am using an HTC Incredible with 2.3.4 and the newest version of Spotify. I uninstalled and installed a fresh version of Spotify, but the bug still exists. frustrating, especially since anyone here that uses spotify premium/mobile, is clearly paying a monthly fee. Fix it please!!!!!!

Marked as solution

I've just cancelled my subscription over this. I'm tired of paying for premium which allows me access to this crappy app. Evo 3D. 2.3.4 stock rom. Nothing fixes this.
Marked as solution

Yup. Cancelling the subscription seems to be the only fix for this one right now. Why pay premium for mobile when you can't use the mobile app efficiently?

Mine started doing this after I enabled over-the-air syncing (not just wifi).

I also have my starred playlist set to be available offline (so starring a song starts the song downloading to my phone, which appears to cause the crash (based on the delay)).

I'm on a Motorola Atrix (v1)

Suggested posts