Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8/Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Operating System

Android Oreo 9.0 "Pie" /Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I made some custom covers for several of my Spotify playlists in GIMP on the PC. I added them on my PC and confirmed that they showed up on my phone. But when trying to share them to my social media, the standard "4 artists album cover collage" shows up instead of my own.

So I sent the playlist to a couple of friends via the chat function in Snapchat. My custom covers show up in the preview when sending the link, and the recipients also see my covers when they open them on Spotify on their phone, but still, when I share them as a Facebook/Instagram story or Snapchat picture/story, it still doesn't work.

Is this some issue with FB/IG/Snap or Spotify? Will it resolve with time? Is there something I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for any feedback 🙂 

9 Replies

Hi @trckdck,

Welcome to the Community 🙂 Thanks for reaching out about this.

When you share a playlist with a custom cover on Instagram, it will be automatically replaced with the default four-tile album artwork instead. When sharing to Snapchat, only Spotify-owned and curated playlists will support custom artwork.

However, other users also think it would be a good idea to keep the custom artwork when sharing to Instagram. In this case, we'd recommend to add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please please please add support for showing the playlist art! I spend a lot of time making fun playlist cover art using graphics software -- and tons of time building playlists to share -- so this would be a godsend.

Playlist art can attract people to listen to something that they otherwise wouldn't have.

Thanks for your consideration!

Now 2022 and the custom artwork won’t show when sharing in IG stories. Please fix this. 

this is ridiculous, it's 2022 but this is still not implemented, this is not a rocket science. seems that if the playlist is created by spotify, it will show the custom cover picture, but if the playlist is created by someone else even the artist itself, the custom cover picture does not show.

Hey! I’ve actually found out a way around this. If you make the playlist, put in the photo and share it to your Snapchat story etc. before you add any songs, that’s the only way it seems to work. It’s super inconvenient, especially if you have a playlist that has hundreds/thousands of songs, but if you’re sharing a smaller playlist you can do that and it actually shows up w the custom playlist photo. I’ve shared it then added my songs afterwards, but only around 20-30 songs so it wasn’t a big deal.

you are an absolute angel for your comment 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 worked for me, thank you so much ♡♡♡

Need this fixed honestly, it's gone on too long.

Hey @Pastown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

As mentioned before by @Elena, when you share a playlist with a custom cover on Instagram, the personalized image will be automatically replaced with the default four-tile album artwork instead. 

Also, other users also think it would be a good idea to keep the custom artwork when sharing to Instagram. We’d recommend adding your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread taking into account the Status of the idea. Any updates about this will be posted there.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yes, but i found that others playlist can still be the custom cover when i share, only the playlists by me cant. How is that??

Suggested posts