Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DSP Manager fails on certain artists (weird!)

Solved!

DSP Manager fails on certain artists (weird!)

Dear all

I use Cyanogenmod 12 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. DSP manager never failed me yet, but now I am trying to listen to Arms and Sleepers - Swim and if I stream the audio, DSP manager works fine. But if I download the album and then play it, DSP manager fails to activate.

Other artists like Die Antwoord work just fine. Also when I download other albums, DSP manager works flawlessly.

Weird, no?!

So I am not even sure which app causes this; Spotify or DSP mangager. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

Maarten

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh! I found the solution!

While I can not fully pinpoint the exact cause, it has definately to do with your local files.

You know that Spotify on your laptop automatically syncs data through your account on your mobile phone. If you have some local files added to your Spotify library, then your mobile phone also sees them. When you're makling playlists of those local files, you can also download them on your mobile phone, and so on.

Now, if you have the album "Swim Team" (Arms and Sleepers) both in your local files AND downloaded through the Spotify library on your mobile phone AND your laptop is running Spotify currently, DSP manager fails to activate playing that album. You then have to remove the album from your local files, remove the album from your mobile phone and download it again. Then DSP manager will work.

I am not entirely sure you have to have your laptop running to reproduce this bug, but the solution is most definately to remove your local files from your computer or from the folders that Spotify is monitoring for your local files.

Any questions? Feel free to ask me private or here in this thread.

Maarten

View solution in original post

4 Replies

That is odd that it's just one artist. It's a global setting so I can't see why it would be any different... maybe try re-installing Spotify but I don;t see why that would really make a difference and I'm baffled.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Of course I should've done that, but I did not want to lose my music. But i did reinstall it now.... It seemed to work when it was still busy downloading the full album. But after it was done and the next track started, DPS manager failed again...

Maarten

I haven't run CM for a while, maybe you should ask in the cyanogenmod forums to see if someone there can try it and see if the same happens for them?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

Oh! I found the solution!

While I can not fully pinpoint the exact cause, it has definately to do with your local files.

You know that Spotify on your laptop automatically syncs data through your account on your mobile phone. If you have some local files added to your Spotify library, then your mobile phone also sees them. When you're makling playlists of those local files, you can also download them on your mobile phone, and so on.

Now, if you have the album "Swim Team" (Arms and Sleepers) both in your local files AND downloaded through the Spotify library on your mobile phone AND your laptop is running Spotify currently, DSP manager fails to activate playing that album. You then have to remove the album from your local files, remove the album from your mobile phone and download it again. Then DSP manager will work.

I am not entirely sure you have to have your laptop running to reproduce this bug, but the solution is most definately to remove your local files from your computer or from the folders that Spotify is monitoring for your local files.

Any questions? Feel free to ask me private or here in this thread.

Maarten

Suggested posts