Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 10

Operating System

Android 9 (Pie)

Spotify version: 8.5.32.889

My Question or Issue

Lately, my Daily Mixes will only seem to  play in shuffle mode. That is, they do not play in the order seen on the Daily Mix list. I start the playback by tapping the first song in the list; I do not tap the shuffle button. If I look at the play queue it does show the songs being played and the order they will be played in, but this order does not match the DM list. This is fairly new behavior which I only recently noticed.
How do I get the Daily Mixes to play in their natural order as seen in the list?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The Daily Mixes do not have a shuffle setting, but picks up whatever shuffle setting you last used. So for instance if you shuffle a personal playlist and then open a Daily Mix, it will also be in shuffle mode.

The solution is to first open any playlist (yours or Spotify's) which has the shuffle switch, turn it off, THEN play a Daily Mix. The Daily Mix will now play tracks in the order listed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

The Daily Mixes do not have a shuffle setting, but picks up whatever shuffle setting you last used. So for instance if you shuffle a personal playlist and then open a Daily Mix, it will also be in shuffle mode.

The solution is to first open any playlist (yours or Spotify's) which has the shuffle switch, turn it off, THEN play a Daily Mix. The Daily Mix will now play tracks in the order listed.

Incredible this issue has yet to be fixed... 

Doesn't work for me, still plays randomly

This issue has recently begun happening to me. A Daily Playlist from Spotify will play the first 3-5 songs in the order listed. Then songs will begin to jump around in an order other than specified in the playlist. I have checked, and not a single playlsit in my library has the Shuffle setting turned on. So I don't believe the solution marked in this thread is accurate. This is some sort of glitch. 

I am using a combination of Open.Spotify.com and my Spotify iOS app. 

Suggested posts