Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete cached and saved data - to move to external storage

Solved!

Delete cached and saved data - to move to external storage

I've read posts on how to save my spotify data to the SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (I'm out of memory) and want to try: Delete the cashed and saved data in settings, log out of the app, reopen, before logging back in click on phone menu, select SD location - I don't know if this will work but I want to know if I delete the cashed and saved data from my phone if all my playlists will be lost? I'm not computer savy.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your playlists and other details are stored on Spotify's servers so all you will lose is downloaded music. Before you try those steps, insert the SD card then launch spotify and in spotify settings, select the SD card as the storage location. It should then show that it is transferring the cache to SD and when it finishes you'll be good to go.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This worked!! Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Your playlists and other details are stored on Spotify's servers so all you will lose is downloaded music. Before you try those steps, insert the SD card then launch spotify and in spotify settings, select the SD card as the storage location. It should then show that it is transferring the cache to SD and when it finishes you'll be good to go.

Marked as solution

This worked!! Thank you!

I haven't got the function to move my downloads to the sd card
Screenshot_2016-12-25-10-20-17.png

Maybe...

1. You don't have an external SD card inserted
  2. The SD card is faulty
  3. You are running android 6 or 7 and have formatted the SD card as internal and not as portable storage.

Suggested posts