Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable shuffle play

Disable shuffle play

How to disable "Shuffle Play" by default?

I know I can toggle the option as a Premium user, but this does not change the default play aciton.

19 Replies

Are you a premium user, but the app is in shuffle mode?

According to https://support.spotify.com

Spotify is aware of a service issue and they are working on a fix

Premium dropped to free? Post Here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am a premium user and the app has Shuffle Play as the only way to play an Album.

I thought as a premium user, this big green Shuffle Play would change.

Oh, ok. There is a current service issue and I thought that was what you were talking about, but I guess not.

When you are going to play a playlist or album, make sure you select the first song in the list. Do not click on the green shuffle play button or it will turn on shuffle.

The shuffle play button cannot be turned off. It allows for easy shuffle play if desired.

MattSudaSpotify Star

If you want Spotify to get rid of the shuffle play button, add a kudo to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Remove-the-darn-shuffle-play-button/idi-p/730903

MattSudaSpotify Star

Also check it's not enabled in the 'Now Playing' screen. Open up the now playing bar at the bottom and check the shuffle icon on the left isn't green (enabled).

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This works. Do actually this makes the BIG shuffle button a good idea 😀

That worked! Thanks so much! The default shuffle was driving me crazy, and I've been paying for Premium.

@Daniel wrote:

Also check it's not enabled in the 'Now Playing' screen. Open up the now playing bar at the bottom and check the shuffle icon on the left isn't green (enabled).

The definitive answer? It can't be done? Changing the default setting? I'm a premium user for several years, but Spotify begins to annoy. Disappearing music - where is Neil Youngs Rust Never Sleeps gone, suddenly? - , hickups with Sonos (and our Dutch internetprovider Ziggo) and the Shuffle-button. I don't ever never want to shuffle music. Disabling shuffle per each playlist i understand. But i don't want it as default!! Apparantly that can't be done? That sucks big time. I want to listen to albums the way the artist made en meant them to be listened to! 

I solved it.

Did that already. Thanks for that. But I would like to see the BIG button Shuffle changed  to Play (and the shuffle-option as an extra (and therefore small)). As i understand it now that's impossible and to play without shuffle i'll have to disable shuffle once  and start linear playing with the (very) small play-button. 

Or simply tap any track to start playing from there.

Thank you!! I felt like a fool...but I look @ song list & I don't know what will be the next. COME ON!!! Driving me crazier than usual lol...help!!!

Having this problem too....grr!!!  Tried the u toggling option but it didn't work.  Help!  I can't run properly when I am moving from RPM 150 to my Christmas playlist!

Yep this is driving me crazy and I cannot untoggle the shuffle button....Listening to Springsteen back catalogue and his albums are a story that need to be played in order.....Help!!

I finally contacted Spotify. If you are using an app (and not just the browser) uninstall the app and reinstall it. This worked for me! No more shuffling!

Just tried re-install on my (old) iPad 2, but it didn´t help. Still that darned shuffle mode. No suggested metod works for me. Hate it!

This was driving me crazy--thank you!!

Good

Spotify became available in South Africa, so I decided to try it. I currently use Google Play Music as my main service. 

Why does Spotify want me to shuffle everything all the time? It's super frustrating. Why is the button so big. How do I remove it?

Screenshot_2018-03-14-16-22-27-508_com.spotify.music.png

Suggested posts