Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in

Help! My spotify app was saying that I was offline and I decided to just update it and log out of my account, little did I know I would completely lock myself out of the app. Each time I log in to the app it says I have to go online to connect and I ...

• Help! My spotify app was saying that I was offline and I decided to just update it and log out of my account, little did I know I would completely lock myself out of the app.  Each time I log i...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the difference between my library and playlist?

When I joined I spent hours choosing my playlist or my songs let's put it that way. When I finally got in I found the songs were in something called a library not my playlist. What is the difference between the two?

• Visitor
  • When I joined I spent hours choosing my playlist or my songs let's put it that way. When I finally got in I found the songs were in something called a library not my playlist. What is the difference ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a lot of storage

Hi Is it normal that spotify uses 2.5 GB of internal storage (no offline playlist, I checked) on an android device (samsung a5 2016)?I know I can delete it, but don't feel like loggin in again etc. I just want the app to be light

• Regular
  • Hi    Is it normal that spotify uses 2.5 GB of internal storage (no offline playlist, I checked) on an android device (samsung a5 2016)? I know I can delete it, but don't feel like loggi...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify notifcation player opens on Android when phone is plugged into Computer

The Spotify player in the phone notification bar will open when headphones are plugged in or if headphones are plugged in when the phone is attached to a computer with a USB cord. This happens if an instance of Spotify is open on the computer, if the...

• The Spotify player in the phone notification bar will open when headphones are plugged in or if headphones are plugged in when the phone is attached to a computer with a USB cord. This happens if an ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant save my music to SD card

I cant choose storage so my phone gets full. Why is the storage buttom missing? I have followed instructions but there is no buttom for choosing storage

• Casual Listener
  • I cant choose storage so my phone gets full. Why is the storage buttom missing? I have followed instructions but there is no buttom for choosing storage 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music automatically pauses with email notification

I have an issue with the most recent version of Spotify on my Note 8. When playing through my BT device, the music automatically pauses when any email notification comes through on my phone. I have tried uninstall/reinstall, but that did not fix the ...

• I have an issue with the most recent version of Spotify on my Note 8.  When playing through my BT device, the music automatically pauses when any email notification comes through on my phone.&nb...
  • howardnorberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast Audio problem.

When trying to skip forward to next song when casting to my chromecast audio from spotify on my iphone or ipad, it stops playing and when I press play it skips to next song and stops. Then pressing play again makes it skip to next song again and agai...

• Visitor
  • When trying to skip forward to next song when casting to my chromecast audio from spotify on my iphone or ipad, it stops playing and when I press play it skips to next song and stops. Then pressing p...
  • Sidedog
  • Casual Listener
  • 89 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 89 replies
  • 0 likes

No bluetooth control in car until I change app permissions

Every time I connect via bluetooth to Spotify in my car I have no volume/track change control until I go to app permissions and toggle 'Microphone' and 'Phone' off/on. Then it works.However, I have to do this EVERY TIME I connect in my car - which is...

• Every time I connect via bluetooth to Spotify in my car I have no volume/track change control until I go to app permissions and toggle 'Microphone' and 'Phone' off/on. Then it works. However, I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify not responding on Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablets (GT-P7510)

In the past week, Spotify has repeatedly returned the message "Spotify is not responding. Would you like to close it?". This happens on both of my tablets. Spotify works fine when accessed through the app on my iPhone so I know it's not the network. ...

• Casual Listener
  • In the past week, Spotify has repeatedly returned the message "Spotify is not responding. Would you like to close it?".  This happens on both of my tablets.  Spotify works fine when accesse...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art not showing up on my Android phone

Spoiler (Highlight to read)The album art on Spotify is not showing up on my phone. I have cleared cache and reinstalled the app countless times and nothing seems to work! Please help me fix this problem.The album art on Spotify is not showing up on m...

• The album art on Spotify is not showing up on my phone. I have cleared cache and reinstalled the app countless times and nothing seems to work! Please help me fix this problem.
  • galtma
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

songs

I downloaded 3 new playlists, but they are not showing up under my songs so that I can shuffle through all of the songs I have downloaded, and not just one playlist at a time. How do I fix this?

• I downloaded 3 new playlists, but they are not showing up under my songs so that I can shuffle through all of the songs I have downloaded, and not just one playlist at a time. How do I fix this?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Unavailable Song

I cannot play this song!I cannot play this song 

Screenshot_20180130-140232.png
  • Visitor
  • I cannot play this song! I cannot play this song  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto

Boa tarde!Utilizo o Android Auto perfeitamente na central multimidia de meu carro. Tenho apenas um problema em que nao aparecem todas as musicas de minhas playlists no carro. Como se fosse um limite de quantidade de musicas. Isto e normal? Ha previsa...

• Boa tarde! Utilizo o Android Auto perfeitamente na central multimidia de meu carro. Tenho apenas um problema em que nao aparecem todas as musicas de minhas playlists no carro. Como se fosse um limit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android: Crackling/Popping while playing Music

There are crackling/popping noices when liscening to music on my mobile Android device via the Spotify app.Anything I could do about it? I have already tried clearind data & cache and reinstalling the app. This problem also occurs when changing headp...

• There are crackling/popping noices when liscening to music on my mobile Android device via the Spotify app. Anything I could do about it?   I have already tried clearind data & cache and ...
  • lil_l0st
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Visual bug Samsung S8+

My music overlay every single time, when get back to spotify, I already reinstalled, delete cache and is always the same. Android 7.0Samsung Experience 8.1 I have been premium for long time, but the app now is unusable.

• Casual Listener
  • My music overlay every single time, when get back to spotify, I already reinstalled, delete cache and is always the same.  Android 7.0 Samsung Experience 8.1  I have been premium for lon...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Usuario indevido na conta

necessito urgente de uma ajudaestou a muito tempo sem acessar o site do spotify e hoje fui acessar para mudar meu e-mail (criei um novo) e so acesso a conta pelo facebook. ao entrar nas configuracoes descobri de alguma forma estava aparecendo um emai...

• necessito urgente de uma ajuda estou a muito tempo sem acessar o site do spotify e hoje fui acessar para mudar meu e-mail (criei um novo) e so acesso a conta pelo facebook. ao entrar nas c...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Mini Player Concept

Spotify does not pause playing music when an incomong call comes through on my new Google Pixel 2 XL - I would like to activate this notification? Any ideas please?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify does not pause playing music when an incomong call comes through on my new Google Pixel 2 XL - I would like to activate this notification? Any ideas please?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify se detuvo

Cuando descargo Spotify y lo intentó abrir me dice que Spotify se detuvo y no me deja abrir la App ayuda tengo un Samsung galaxy s4 míni

• Casual Listener
  • Cuando descargo Spotify y lo intentó abrir me dice que Spotify se detuvo y no me deja abrir la App ayuda tengo un Samsung galaxy s4 míni
  • PPP7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Spotify and Ford Sync

I have a Samsung Note 4.Ford vehicle that I connect via Bluetooth and Ford Sync. Used to work wonderfully.Two days ago when it connects I get a Spotify/Ford screen that takes over my phone. Can't get beyond this screen to play lists and such. Anyone ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Note 4. Ford vehicle that I connect via Bluetooth and Ford Sync.   Used to work wonderfully. Two days ago when it connects I get a Spotify/Ford screen that takes over my pho...
  • Marc50
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify player controls notification reappears even when I've quit the app and swiped it away. S8+

I can close the application and get rid of it in the recent apps list, but the notification with the player controls still shows up. If I swipe to dismiss it, it will return out of nowhere a few minutes later. I know I could get rid of it by turning ...

• I can close the application and get rid of it in the recent apps list, but the notification with the player controls still shows up. If I swipe to dismiss it, it will return out of nowhere ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes