Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Slow Speed/Velocidad Lenta

Hello, I'm having trouble downloading songs to my mobile devices iPod, Amazon Fire tablet and android phones. When I try to download my main library (1550+ songs) in extreme quality, it took literally ages for it to download. I know my speed is not a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm having trouble downloading songs to my mobile devices iPod, Amazon Fire tablet and android phones. When I try to download my main library (1550+ songs) in extreme quality, it took literall...
  • Jaselvd
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Facebook error, LG G6, android 8.1.

On my LG G6 i get a facebook error (worked on 7.1.2 before i updated to 8.1).Facebook says try again later, spotify says facebook error has occured.On my Xperia X also running android 8.1 it works fine, i can also login on desktop and laptop.Uninstal...

• Casual Listener
  • On my LG G6 i get a facebook error (worked on 7.1.2 before i updated to 8.1). Facebook says try again later, spotify says facebook error has occured. On my Xperia X also running android 8.1 it work...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble logging in with Facebook

Im trying to login using my Facebook account like I always do and it won't let me, says "Facebook error had occurred" what is going on?! Tried everything ik to do.

• Casual Listener
  • Im trying to login using my Facebook account like I always do and it won't let me, says "Facebook error had occurred" what is going on?! Tried everything ik to do.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded Songs on Desktop, How to Move to Phone SD?

Is there a simple way to achieve this? The download pipe on my workstation is quick so syncing/downloading songs is cakewalk.Downloading that much on my phone is a joke.Can I just copy the spotifycache from the desktop to the SD card on the phone in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a simple way to achieve this? The download pipe on my workstation is quick so syncing/downloading songs is cakewalk. Downloading that much on my phone is a joke. Can I just copy the sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile plays the wrong song

I use a free version of Spotify for Android. I usually find playlists and "search" for each song I want to play. Recently, for no reason, when I search for a song and click shuffle play it plays a completely wrong song with no connection to the origi...

• I use a free version of Spotify for Android. I usually find playlists and "search" for each song I want to play.  Recently, for no reason, when I search for a song and click shuffle play it pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect

Why did you eliminate Connect for Pioneer receivers?  

• Casual Listener
  • Why did you eliminate Connect for Pioneer receivers?  
  • bley
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Google assistant won't recognise that I have Spotify premium

When I speak to Google assistant and ask it to play a song, it always responds with the error "Sorry, choosing songs is only available to Spotify premium subscribers. Give this [song name] station a go?" I have premium, and I use the Google assistant...

• When I speak to Google assistant and ask it to play a song, it always responds with the error "Sorry, choosing songs is only available to Spotify premium subscribers. Give this [song name] station a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Too Many Registered Devices/ Maximum of 3 devices

Hey Today i got a random message saying someyhing lile "to many registered devices you have used the maximum of 3 spotify will now delete all music" It then deleted all saved music and playlists. I have had this phone for months now so seems unusual ...

• Hey   Today i got a random message saying someyhing lile "to many registered devices you have used the maximum of 3  spotify will now delete all music"   It then deleted all saved ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded albums disappear randomly

This has been happening a lot more recently with premium it seems. I download about 20 albums and sometimes they will just randomly show up as if I had not downloaded them. Some of them when I try to redownload instantly go green as if it just rememb...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been happening a lot more recently with premium it seems. I download about 20 albums and sometimes they will just randomly show up as if I had not downloaded them.   Some of them when...
  • livindreads
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 9 likes

Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, offline listening?

I'm thinking of getting an Amazon Fire 7 Tablet. I think a spotify app is available for it. Can I listen to my spotify songs with this tablet not connected to the internet? I have a spotify premium account. Thanks a lot for any help/advice.

• Music Fan
  • I'm thinking of getting an Amazon Fire 7 Tablet.  I think a spotify app is available for it.  Can I listen to my spotify songs with this tablet not connected to the internet?  I have a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Android Forum Deserves More Attention!

The top 10 kudoed posts in the Help Forums here in the Spotify Community in the last month, as of 2012-03-28, are as follows... As you can see, 5 of the top 10 kudoed posts come from the Android forum. Whichever way you care to interpret the meaning ...

TopKudoedPosts.png First20Android.png
  • Community Legend
  • The top 10 kudoed posts in the Help Forums here in the Spotify Community in the last month, as of 2012-03-28, are as follows...     As you can see, 5 of the top 10 kudoed posts come ...
  • Sterling101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!! android client can not login with Facebook

Android 4.4.4 stock rootedSprint galaxy note 3Original apkPremium subscriptionSince recently doesn't start at all."clear application data" or reinstall gives only login screen.After login with Facebook goes back to launcher.Reinstalling original and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Android 4.4.4 stock rooted Sprint galaxy note 3 Original apk Premium subscription Since recently doesn't start at all. "clear application data" or reinstall gives only login screen. After login...
  • davepastry
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

30 minutes of ad-free music.. Video doesn't show.

Since I installed Spotify on my LG Nexus 5 with Android 8.0 Oreo, the 30 minutes of ad-free music function has not worked properly. I got the announcement about opportunity to watch short video which will allow me to listen for 30 minutes without ads...

• Since I installed Spotify on my LG Nexus 5 with Android 8.0 Oreo, the 30 minutes of ad-free music function has not worked properly. I got the announcement about opportunity to watch short video which...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login using username created for new spotify account

Hey guys. I wanna know why I can't login using the username I created for my new account? I have tried on the app and the website but I always login using my email and it kinda makes me sad cos who wants to type their email all over again just to log...

• Hey guys. I wanna know why I can't login using the username I created for my new account? I have tried on the app and the website but I always login using my email and it kinda makes me sad cos who w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on SD Cards

I have a samsung S7 with a 64gb SD card; on that SD card is a folder called music. Unsurprisinly ths folder contains all my MP3s. This SD card was originally from another phone. I've installed Spotify onto the S7 and whilst the app points to the SD c...

• Roadie
  • I have a samsung S7 with a 64gb SD card; on that SD card is a folder called music. Unsurprisinly ths folder contains all my MP3s. This SD card was originally from another phone.   I've install...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Separate Music & Podcast queues

Usually when I am listening to music, I just want to play music and if I'm listening to podcasts, just podcasts. But if I have added a podcast to my play queue and later on I switch to music, my queued podcast will play next as it's the next in the q...

• Usually when I am listening to music, I just want to play music and if I'm listening to podcasts, just podcasts. But if I have added a podcast to my play queue and later on I switch to music, my queu...
  • 0 replies
  • 100 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 100 likes

Songs pause every 30 seconds, almost exactly

Starting last night on my Pixel 2 XL, I would turn on Spotify, but it would pause after 29-31 seconds. This is also happening on the iPad app, though I haven't had a chance to try the desktop app. I have Premium for Students, if that means anything.

• Casual Listener
  • Starting last night on my Pixel 2 XL, I would turn on Spotify, but it would pause after 29-31 seconds. This is also happening on the iPad app, though I haven't had a chance to try the desktop app. I ...
  • untenerd
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline use

Ok, I have downloaded Spotify app off playstore on my car's touch screen. I did this to be able to listen to music while "offline". I downloaded multiple songs while connected to my homes WiFi. I then Proceeded to set my Spotify to offline and take a...

• Ok, I have downloaded Spotify app off playstore on my car's touch screen. I did this to be able to listen to music while "offline". I downloaded multiple songs while connected to my homes WiFi. I the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Continuous play from Android Phone

I'm sure there has to be a way to do this that I'm missing, but I can't seem to find a way to continuously play music from my Spotify on my smartphone- I can play a single song with no problem- but I just don't see an option to play the entire playli...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sure there has to be a way to do this that I'm missing, but I can't seem to find a way to continuously play music from my Spotify on my smartphone- I can play a single song with no problem- but I...
  • Jundymarsada
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Notificacion nuevos lanzamientos

Tengo un problema con las notificaciones de los nuevos lanzamientos, y es que no aparecen. Tengo activada todas las opciones y ni al mail llegan.Alguien sabe como solucionarlo?

• Tengo un problema con las notificaciones de los nuevos lanzamientos, y es que no aparecen. Tengo activada todas las opciones y ni al mail llegan. Alguien sabe como solucionarlo?
  • rolandenriqueb
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes