Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly - Clicking the heart in notification player does not save the song to library

Discover Weekly - Clicking the heart in notification player does not save the song to library

TL:DR:

When listening to a song from Discover Weekly, clicking  the heart button in the "ongoing" notification player does not save the song to your library.

Longer version:

I started using discover weekly recently and I remember marking a song as favourite / liked (heart button). Days later I could not find that song when I really wanted to find it. I searched in my library and googled around a bit. It is stated that when you like a song / mark it as favourite, it automatically saves the song to your library.

That is true if you like the song directly in the app, but I noticed that when the app is in the background and you use the notification player to "like" the song, it does not save it to your library. (It only marks the song as liked and that is all).

Please fix it in the next release.

2 Replies

I've just started using Spotify and this is a huge pain in the **bleep**. I hate having to open the full player to save a song rather than saving it through the ongoing notification (so much easier)...

Discovered the same that I'm not able to locate the songs in library when clicking the heart. Hope this is added in next release.

Discover weekly list is a great list, so thank you for that! 

Suggested posts