Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Distorted sound

Distorted sound

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0 Oreo

My Question or Issue

A week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in my playlists have a distorted effect, whereas this has not been an issue before. It's a distortion that differs in intensity with each song, but it's always there to some extent. The effect does not only turn up at songs played in my own playlist, it's simply the song itself as the effect appears on the artists page, my own library and other users' playlists as well. I had hoped this annoyance would be fixed with the new update, but this has not been the case. Even though this might sound like a small issue, it becomes a major annoyance while listening to music. I hope this issue will be fixed in the near future, as similar issues seem to date back as far as 2015.

Should you need an example, Rammstein's album Herzeleid seems to suffer a lot of this effect, with the song Seemann (at the 1:00 mark) being a prime example.

1 Reply

Hey @WilsonSluitjes, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We can definitely see how this can make your listening experience a poor one. 

No worries though, we're here to help 🙂 

Does logging out and back in make a difference? Also, do you notice this distortion if you listen to the tracks using a different device? 

Try having a friend log into their account with your device to see if the tracks still distort. 

Let us know if that helps.

Suggested posts