Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does my friends see my activity when I am using Spotify mobile app?

Solved!

Does my friends see my activity when I am using Spotify mobile app?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Morocco

Device

Infinix

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

If I am listening to Spotify on my phone, Is my activity showing up to my friends when they are using the desktop version?

I already know that friend activity is not available on phone version.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @daboiii

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Your friends can see your activity in the desktop app, even when you're listening to music on your phone. Unless you enable private listening or you don't share your listening activity at all, you can adjust that in Settings. 

The friend activity is displayed only in the desktop app, but it shows your streams from all kinds of devices, including your mobile. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @daboiii

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Your friends can see your activity in the desktop app, even when you're listening to music on your phone. Unless you enable private listening or you don't share your listening activity at all, you can adjust that in Settings. 

The friend activity is displayed only in the desktop app, but it shows your streams from all kinds of devices, including your mobile. 

I hope this helps! 

Is possible that the mobile app shares listening activity to friends, and the laptop does not share, if the settings are different?  or are the settings shared ( and synced) between devices automatically?

The setting to share listening activity is synced to your account.

When you update the setting either in the desktop app or mobile app, it will also update the setting in the other apps.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts