Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Doesnt give me option to create playlist (galaxy s7)

Doesnt give me option to create playlist (galaxy s7)

Just downloaded Spotify and was running the free version and could not create playlists so I downloaded the premium version and same problem!
18 Replies

Hey Lenahan21! Welcome to the community.

Here are some instructions on how to make a playlist 🙂

Make-a-playlist_twitter.png

If you run into any issues or have any questions, let me know!

Have a nice day and keep on rockin'! 😄

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I attached a screen shot of when I hit that option under the song that's playing.
Screenshot_20160927-112722.png

Hey! 

That's weird! Could you try to reinstall the app? Here are some instructions on how to do that!

Have a nice day!

HuboSpotify Star

Yup went through thell Uninstaller and still had the same issue upon re-downloading the app. So strange. All I wanna do is be able to make a playlist but I don't have any options to do so. I've seen other people's apps and they look a bit different with more options.

Hey!

Thanks for the information! 🙂 Does this happen on every song or just this one? 

HuboSpotify Star

Every song so far that I've tried! This is so frustrating lol
Screenshot_20160927-115500.png

Hey there!

Alright, thanks! I understand it might be frustrating. Nice screenshot! Could you try to create a playlist using this guide? Does the option show up after you've created one?

Have an amazing day!

HuboSpotify Star

This is what happens when I go to the menu from the top left corner. No option for my library 😞
Screenshot_20160927-120727.png

I'm having the same issue with my note 7 it just started today though and I've been a premium member.
Screenshot_20160927-093111.jpg

It sucks, I don't even have that option to add to the playlist though like the one that you posted. It's nuts!!

Yea I don't know who we're suppose to contact either

Me either, this is a huge turn off for this app honestly. I just want it fixed!

Hey, I don't know about you, but I started thinking of anything I've done on my end that messed with the app and I recently changed my wallpaper and theme. So i changed it back and now it's giving me the option to select a playlist again.
Screenshot_20160927-094844.jpg

Nope I haven't changed anything in the past few weeks on my phone as far as settings or even internal settings go but I'm gonna try and tinker around and see what works! Thank you

No problem, I hope it starts working for you soon

Exact thing happening to me. No changes to phone. Used and added songs to playlist last night as usual. Tonight I see the odd display with the playlist options below, but when clicked on nothing happens.

That's strange, and I'm honestly not sure whether it's the app or the
phone. I would try to contact spotify somehow just because the most logical
thing seems it wpuld be the app I just don't know if they have a technical
support unit or not.

Hey folks @Courtneysmixon@Lenahan21@Idahogrrlz!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Spotify Community, we're here to help.
Thanks also to @Hubo for looking into things so far!

Looks like there's a few things going on here, let's try and get those sorted 🙂

@Lenahan21, We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with playlists! That's not cool. Are you able to log in on a different device, and try creating a playlist there?
Then, try again on your main device, to see if the option shows up.

Let us know, we'll be right here to keep looking into things.

Playlists: If any other users are having this same issue, do you have any playlists already created? Or, are you trying to make your first? If you could also give the above steps a go too, that would be awesome.

@Idahogrrlz We're sorry to hear you're having similar issues. Let us know a little more info, and check out the steps here. We'll look into things for you too, don't worry!

@Courtneysmixon, It sounds like things are back up and running for you now, that's great! Just to check, are you also able to see the 'Your Library' section?

Your Library: For anyone who is not seeing 'Your Library', please can you head to the thread here
Let us know the requested info, and we'll keep looking into this issue separately 🙂 

Thanks all, and give us a shout with any questions.

/M

Suggested posts