Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Available Offline songs "undownloaded" and greyed out

Downloaded Available Offline songs "undownloaded" and greyed out

I have 1670 songs in a playlist (the old favourites-playlist) and I've been having a problem where most of the songs go from being downloaded and available to greyed out and unavailable for no reason.

I first make them available offline, wait until they are all downloaded over wifi and then I go offline. The songs are all there for a few hours but then suddenly most of them are gone and when I go online again spotify wants to download bout 1100 songs, that are already downloaded... 

I cleared cache and data. 

I uninstalled the app. 

Reinstalled. 

Downloaded all songs, all of them were downloaded and had the green arrow. 

Went offline, the songs were still there. 

Restarted the phone, the songs were still there. 

Next time I checked, a few hours later, about 1100 songs were greyed out again... I had done nothing with the phone, it just happens. 

Xperia Z3 Compact. 

Spotify version 3.1.0.1117 (it's been like this with the latest updates, maybe for about 2-3 months? 

Quality: Extreme (and I'm not interested in trying anything below that) 

Keeping the songs on the SD-card, internal memory too small. 

41 Replies

@brazyx that's not very helpful. What didn't work?

Reinstall is not solution

Same issue here. Just lost ALL of my music and I don't have internet access for my mobile right now so no way to redownload in time for my road trip to Melbourne. Very frustrating.

Same as the other users here, i am a Premium Subscriber.

Please note, i do not use an external SD Card, I do not use Cache Clearers, my phone is just setup pretty much standard with Spotify and several News apps. I don't even play games on my mobile anymore, just music and news.

As my mobile only really gets it's downloads through my 4G connection, re-downloading thousands of songs is going to be very expensive for me 😞

(I would download at work, but we cannot use the work internet for personal devices)

Please, has there been any progress on this issue? I can even see the Spotify songs still stored on my phone, why can Spotify not recognise that they are there and play them?

I am also still having this issue.

It seems to have fixed itself.. I think I ended up uninstalling and
reinstalling or something.. I can't remember! 😞

I have done the remove/reinstall test a few times in the troubleshooting
phase only for it to happen a few days later.

Me too

How has noone from spotify commented with any information here? Its embarassing! admit a fault or provide a fix and you might keep a few customers. Maybe.

I have the same issue. It seems like there were several updates since someone commented about the issue but nothing was done regarding this problem. I realised this only when I was on a 10hr flight and I couldn't do anything but staring at the grey arrows....

Is there anyway I can transfer my Spotify music to my IPhone music app because beyond tired of re downloading the same music on Spotify!!!! After all the complaints and nothing has been said or done I done spending my money with them!!!!!

I'm experiencing this too. What the **bleep** Spotify?!? I had to re-download all of my songs everyday for the past week! And considering I've saved 1K+ songs it's costly and time-consuming.

After not having this issue for a while now, it's started happening again! Getting seriously fed up...

Same problem paaaaaainful!! also paying premium.
C'mon spotify, SORT IT OUT!!

Same issue with me!! It is happening frequently!!!

The most of time, it happens when I'm without Internet connection (on the road) and spotify is not in the offline mode.

It seems that this problem exists since 2013 and spotify gives a **bleep**!

This just happened to me. I have about 1/3 or all the albums songs still downloaded, the rest of the album is waiting to download.

It happened when I turned on extreme energy power saving on my Samsung S7, so I am thinking it happened when it killed the apps, they got corrupted or something. But it's stupid that that could happen. I'm in the middle of a 12 hour car ride and have none of the music I want to listen to.

Any update / fix / work around?

This has just happened to me aswell.

Only signed up about 2 weeks ago to Premium!!

I've been a premium subscriber for over a year with only seldom issues. Then today I log on to Spotify via my laptop and all my songs mysteriously undownloaded. What. the. ****. Currently redownloading 1800 songs. To try to fix this issue (from reading multiple forum threads of people having this same issue) I cleared out all offline devices on my account settings on the Spotify website and am curently trying to re-download them onto a newer laptop. Maybe I added one too many offline devices and Spotify decided to kick my main laptop off and un-download everything, maybe I used CCleaner and something happened, maybe my other laptop sucks, or maybe Spotify just sucks. This issue apparently has been around for years and years and people are still experiencing it. That's extremely disheartening because the whole concept of Spotify is so awesome and they've built it up to be the best in it's league but they really seem to drop the ball on customer service. I'm praying I have all my songs redownloaded by the time I wake up for buddies going away party tomorrow so we have some jams to play out on his farm (no phone reception, wifi out of range). Most importantly, Spotify doesn't see (and hasn't seen) this as a concerning issue even though it only affects their PAYING customers. If it happens again I'm not going to hesitate to delete my account all together and go to Apple Music. I've lost my trust in Spotify's reliability and from now on I'll have the nagging concern of all my music getting un-downloaded again. I'll post a follow up in the next few days to see if my re-downloads get un-downloaded again and see if anything I've tried has worked. Spotify, get to f***ing work. 

This is not really motivational, this problem is going on for years and still not fixed. The stupid part is, my downloads are still on my SD card taking space but Spotify just ignores it. 

I'll just download everything again... 

Had this issue for years, only recently it's started doing it once every couple of weeks. Considering moving over to Google Play Music after seeing all these comments, I have a free month so going to try it out. I've been paying for Spotify for years now, so frustrating.

I'm a premium subscriber and this is now happening to me more than once a week. It has happened on and off for months. 

Worthless. I commute a lot and don't want to use data. Ready to unsubscribe.

Suggested posts