Announcements

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont go online

Force stop ✔Reboot ✔Clear cache ✔Re-install (i cant... i downloaded 10 gb) I'm trying with Wi-Fi and/or LTE, i cant login.

• Casual Listener
  • Force stop ✔ Reboot ✔ Clear cache ✔ Re-install (i cant... i downloaded 10 gb)   I'm trying with Wi-Fi and/or LTE, i cant login. 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

where has the queue view gone in android?

The button to list what's in the play queue seems to have disappeared from the top right corner of the playing screen in both the android and ios app. Has it been hidden in any other screen or menu, or has it been removed altogether? If it's been rem...

• Regular
  • The button to list what's in the play queue seems to have disappeared from the top right corner of the playing screen in both the android and ios app. Has it been hidden in any other screen or menu, ...
  • pacco65
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Music won't play after the opening ad for 30 minutes of ad free music

At first the music would simply stop playing after a number of songs. The spotify bar would still be open at the top of my screen as of that last song is still playing but I can't pause or skip, etc. It's just stops there and doesn't go away or conti...

• At first the music would simply stop playing after a number of songs. The spotify bar would still be open at the top of my screen as of that last song is still playing but I can't pause or skip, etc....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

some musics that i could listen to on free spotify now aren't available on premium spotify

when i used spotify on free mode, i could listen to Hyuna's A+ EP, but when i started using spotify on family plan, it turned unavailable. what happened?

• when i used spotify on free mode, i could listen to Hyuna's A+ EP, but when i started using spotify on family plan, it turned unavailable. what happened?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My music stops after a few tracks saying I have no conenction

when I play any album/artist/playlist/anything, after about 2 or 3 tracks the music will stop and won't continue playing until I open Spotify again.. when I open the app screen at the bottom (just above the currently playing bar) it says 'No Internet...

• Regular
  • when I play any album/artist/playlist/anything, after about 2 or 3 tracks the music will stop and won't continue playing until I open Spotify again.. when I open the app screen at the bottom (just ab...
  • Ben2906
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Desbloquear Zenfon3 pelo spotify

Quando o meu spotify Ta tocando se eu bloquear ele é acessar a playlist pela notificação do App na tela bloqueada (clicar na imagem do artista) ele desbloqueia todo meu celular. Como resolvo?

• Quando o meu spotify Ta tocando se eu bloquear ele é acessar a playlist pela notificação do App na tela bloqueada (clicar na imagem do artista) ele desbloqueia todo meu celular. Como resolvo?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs randomly start playing on Android

Hi all, On an HTC One X running ICS, Spotify will just randomly start playing music on occasion. There seems to be no real pattern except that music has been stopped some time previously (anything between a few minutes and an hour or so). It is usual...

• Hi all,   On an HTC One X running ICS, Spotify will just randomly start playing music on occasion.  There seems to be no real pattern except that music has been stopped some time previo...
  • Heidimarie819
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Genius not working

Behind the lyrics/ Genius is not working on my Galaxy S8. Both Spotify and my Android are on current versions. I already tried to reinstall the app, no changes.Any songs are showing BTL. In the settings Genius is always turned on. Asking for help, ta...

• Behind the lyrics/ Genius is not working on my Galaxy S8. Both Spotify and my Android are on current versions. I already tried to reinstall the app, no changes. Any songs are showing BTL.  In ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to log in to premium on phone

I have premium account. It's on iPad and iPod. Was on galaxy s8 until yesterday. O2 guru advised I uninstall and reinstall due to other issues. When I reinstalled it's not coming up as my premium account and keep taking me to upgrade account section?...

• I have premium account. It's on iPad and iPod.  Was on galaxy s8 until yesterday.  O2 guru advised I uninstall and reinstall due to other issues.  When I reinstalled it's not coming up...
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Hi,from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives.So I hear both call and music that is very annoyingI have to close the application manually.Anyone have the same problem and have an idea how to fix it ?Thank you...

• Hi, from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives. So I hear both call and music that is very annoying I have to close the application manually. Anyone have...
  • malmark1
  • Casual Listener
  • 164 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 164 replies
  • 31 likes

Are the Spotify UI engineers smoking crack?

Just having a play with the Spotify app for my android based home-theatre. I can only assume you need to be having a drug-induced psychotic episode to understand it's logic. Take queue management. Surely browsing a collection and choosing what song o...

• Casual Listener
  • Just having a play with the Spotify app for my android based home-theatre. I can only assume you need to be having a drug-induced psychotic episode to understand it's logic.   Take queue man...
  • CameronMcDonald
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes

Download Spotify App without Amazon or Google Play

Hi, I am considering getting a premium account, but it is important to me, that I can download the app without the need to use a google account or amazon account, because I don`t have and want any.Please answer me, so I can consider your services. (W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am considering getting a premium account, but it is important to me, that I can download the app without the need to use a google account or amazon account, because I don`t have and wa...
  • piker
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

My Welcome Mix

Is it possible to take a song off of "Your Welcome Mix"? Cause I have a song on mine that is from an artist I like but I don't like that particular song

• Is it possible to take a song off of "Your Welcome Mix"? Cause I have a song on mine that is from an artist I like but I don't like that particular song
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musuc still playing after pick up facebook messenger call

Hello, I have an issue when music is playing on background and somebody is calling to me via Facebook messenger app. Durign call ringing music stops, and after I pick up the call, music continue playing, so I hear music and the person, which is calli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have an issue when music is playing on background and somebody is calling to me via Facebook messenger app. Durign call ringing music stops, and after I pick up the call, music continue play...
  • felixnyström73
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't start after a Skype phone call is completed

As the subject topic says. Spotify stops when initiating a Skype call, but after I finished the Skype call the Spotify app won't resume playing.

• Casual Listener
  • As the subject topic says. Spotify stops when initiating a Skype call,  but after I finished the Skype call the Spotify app won't resume playing.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Shuffle on big playlists is problematic

When playing my 1300 song playlist of downloaded tracks on shuffle with my Lenovo tablet the algorithm only uses the first 50 or so songs from the list to shuffle. Smaller Playlists with ~400 songs work fine. I already reinstalled the app with no fur...

• When playing my 1300 song playlist of downloaded tracks on shuffle with my Lenovo tablet the algorithm only uses the first 50 or so songs from the list to shuffle. Smaller Playlists with ~400 songs w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connects with Bose soundtouch but no sound

Hi all, I have a Premium spotify account but all of a sudden i have a problem to play songs from my library on my Bose soundtouch system. My Bose soundtoch system works fine. I can play radiostations but no songs from my Spotify account although Spot...

• Hi all,   I have a Premium spotify account but all of a sudden i have a problem to play songs from my library on my Bose soundtouch system.   My Bose soundtoch system works fine. I can ...
  • ShaunHartley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Entire years worth of saved songs disappeared

Hi everyone, I use Spotify Premium on Android, Windows laptop and desktop. Just recently I've noticed that more than a years worth of saved songs have disappeared. I've tried logging out and back in on all platforms and have tried reinstallls on all ...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi everyone,   I use Spotify Premium on Android, Windows laptop and desktop. Just recently I've noticed that more than a years worth of saved songs have disappeared.   I've tried ...
  • fonzman
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify clearing offline playlists?

Has this happened to anyone before? A message came up saying I exceeded my device limit (I hadn't) and that the app was clearing the data off my phone* (It didn't do that either it just desynced the app from my sd card or something), I don't have a c...

• Gig Goer
  • Has this happened to anyone before? A message came up saying I exceeded my device limit (I hadn't) and that the app was clearing the data off my phone* (It didn't do that either it just desynced the ...
  • fonzman
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes