Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

I'm having a similar issue as a lot of Priemium members. I have a whole bunch of songs and playlists downloaded to my phone that disappear every few days. This forces me to redownload the same songs and playlists every time.

I have gone through the community posts and followed a lot of the guidelines, ie. erase all data, clear cache, uninstall Spotify, restart device, reinstall Spotify, re-download all songs and playlists. It takes hours to do this and frankly, it is a bit ridiculous for a paid service.

I have done this 4 times over the last month or so. Can anyone else help?

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Marshmellow 6.0.1 saving all data to SD card.

69 Replies

Redmi note 3, same problem, got 50% of my downloaded songs deleted randomly in a reboot. Unlinking offline devices doesn't work.

Same issue here. Same problem. I'm having to download 3698 songs. It is a recurring problem. Sometimes the album appears gray, I click on it and the songs are there, but the download button is disabled. Then I activate the download button and the album appears again as downloaded. Sometimes, listening to music offline, misca, I'll check it out and the entire album disappeared from my cell phone. I use a J7Prime. I'm paying! I use Premium! 
I'm paying for a service I'm not solving. Do employees read this here? Where else can I complain? I'm brazilian. Forgive the misspelling

20613901_1525070054216803_304152365_n.png

This solution isn't working for me.  Any ideas?

Thanks for the original response - just wish it was still working.

I just don't get this, where is the official word from Spotify on this issue? A very limited Google search brings up at least more 3 threads talking about the same issue, dating back over two years for some of them. People are talking about cancelling premium and moving on to competitor platforms but still I see nothing from Spotify saying "we're working on it" or, "this is how you fix it". C'mon Spotify, pull your finger out and speak up!

(Apologies in advance if that official word does exist but I sure as **bleep** can't find it)

How are all of these topics marked solved, I am not seeing a solution. I got premium to SAVE data and I'm getting a little sick of this...

This has happened to me too. It **bleep**ing sucks because I'll have to re-download the albumes again, which will cost me more. Are Spotify going to reimburse me?

Same here... Samsung Galaxy s7 edge, this keeps happening no matter what you do (reboot, cleaning cache, delete the app, change the f*cking phone...). I'm having this problem for a looong time and several versions, I really can't understand why on Earth Spotify don't fix this damm bug.

S8 owner here. I had this problem occasionally with my HTC One M9 but with my new S8 random tracks keep disappearing off my phone daily. DAILY. I really don't understand what is going on!

Same for me... I can't seem to detect a pattern as to why this is happening.

Happens to me once a month for as long as I can remember. Must have downloaded a total of about 90000 songs eith the number of times its happened. Getting close to cancelling. Get the big fixed.

This has been happening recurrently, I just have to reboot my phone and , there, all songs erased , no offline playlist whatsoever. Wth is going on, I have had this before, but now is just crazy, every single time I restart the phone I have no music, please fix this since this is why we're paying you for! J7 Prime

I got a solution. I'm not sure but go to system setting→app→spotify→permition→enable strage access

try it. i could fix with it.

Screenshot_20171022-101314.png

I have this issue as well. Downloaded tracks just "disappear" (along with any evidence that I had ever downloaded them -- they don't appear as "waiting to download" or anything like that). 

The funny thing is that when I look under Settings to see how much storage space Spotify is using, the value it shows is consistent with the number of songs I've downloaded. So the files are still there, but the Spotify songs / albums list just doesn't know it.

I used Spotify on Android for many years without having this problem, but it now happens every 2-3 weeks. 

Still no permanent fix by Spotify. Ridiculous. I noticed it also happens when my Samsung s7 edge downloads its monthly updates. It reboots and gone is every downloaded track. Also, still no premium sound, i.e. Flac. I've been a member for years now but love once had is beginning to fade. Tidal is becoming more and more appealing. What also annoys the h out of me is that Spotify still refuses to post what it is they've updated in any new release. No info, none. Bad. 

Same problem for me on my Galaxy S8. Had it on my S6 before as well. Does happen mostly to albums not for playlists.

Happened the second time now being in a plane trying to listen to music. This is frustrating. Did anyone actually cancel premium and found a working service? Netflix introduced downloading only a couple of months ago and it never fails. 

It's ridiculous... I had this bug for years and they did NOTHING to solve it. I honestly doesn't want to change to other service but it's really annoying not to get a fix for this. 

Yesterday, this happend to me again. All downloaded songs were gone, and there is no signs that they ever was downloaded. Last time I had this problem is about 6-8 months ago, but it happend every now and then before that. I've been Premium user for many years, on my third Android phone now, but this issue seems to persist.

It is time to get a fix for this problem now, before many of us is moving on to Tidal.

That would be a shame.

I have the same problem it's happened to me now over half a dozen times. on one occasion through Spotify they were able to change some settings and it stopped it for a while. then bought a new handset and it started up again. apparently the problem is the app detaches Itself.  Spotify can go into your account and changed some settings to stop it from happening again

Hi, I did the same in the past, create a support ticket and the Spotify people make me change some settings and reinstall the app. But eventually the problem reappeared. So, they never fixed the app. I don't know why the refuse to take actions with this, I'm a software engineer and seems to easy to solve to me...

Good idea, I'll contact them. See if that helps. I am up for a new phone in a few months though, so will be interesting to see if it starts again after that too just like with your phone. Thanks.

Suggested posts