Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

I'm having a similar issue as a lot of Priemium members. I have a whole bunch of songs and playlists downloaded to my phone that disappear every few days. This forces me to redownload the same songs and playlists every time.

I have gone through the community posts and followed a lot of the guidelines, ie. erase all data, clear cache, uninstall Spotify, restart device, reinstall Spotify, re-download all songs and playlists. It takes hours to do this and frankly, it is a bit ridiculous for a paid service.

I have done this 4 times over the last month or so. Can anyone else help?

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Marshmellow 6.0.1 saving all data to SD card.

69 Replies

Hey Steve-0!

Looks like you've already tried lots of things. Just to check, have you tried removing your offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline devices.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Note: Any device you remove will have to re-sync songs for offline listening.

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

Hi AnjiPeas

I didn't know that was a thing. I removed all of them and re-synced my device to re-download the music again.

I will update in the morning and mark it as an accepted solution in about a week if this works.

Thank you for your help!

Sometimes, it helps clearing your offline devices because cached data gets corrupted and the link between your Spotify account and your offline devices gets messed up, too.

Hope this does the trick for you! 🙂

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

Did that work?

It has been just over a week and my playlists are still there. This seems to have worked so far. Thank you for the suggestion.

Helo there, in case anyone is still having this issue I want to comment on how I got it fixed.

Issue: When downloading albums the mobile app showed them as being downloaded and after finishing, half an hour later every downloaded song was gone, as if it had never been downloaded in the first place.

I even switched phones and this kept happening, using my same premium spotify user.

My way to solve it:

I noticed that when trying to download some albums, I got the "Epic collection, friend..." message, the one i got when i reached the limit of saved songs/albums.

So I deleted the app cache, uninstalled it, restarted the phone and then reinstalled it and started removing albums from my saved collection (do not confuse with the downloaded albums) and voila, since then, I've been able to download and maintain the downloaded songs.

I hope this helps someone being annoyed by Spotify's stupid bugs as I was.

That's exactly what we DON'T want to do. Download all those songs all over again. Some people have metered bandwidths and lots of songs. Obviously, this is a huge and embarrassing problem that Spotify MUST resolve with no ifs, ands, or buts. IMMEDIATELY!

This needs to be fixed!

I have just downloaded my 5 favorite playlists for the 4th time now. I can say that it's probably been about 10GB of wasted data. Thanks Spotify.
This problem needs to not exist in the first place. We don't need a solutions given to us, we need for the problem to stop all together.

Same issue with my account. This has been the 3rd time this has happened, and it's getting annoying. It takes ages to re-download all my songs. Whatever happened to "premium"?

Same issue here. What a stupid mistake!!! There must be a solution for it. My downloaded lists are on SD card but Spotify doesn't recognize them. Very annoying!!!

I'm having the same issue. You shouldn't have to keep clearing the app cache. This is a premium service and unless we get something more than the generic response I will be cancelling my Premium account.

2!nd time this happened to me in one week. This doesn't feel premium at all.

Same issue here, then whats premium for? For download songs over and over again ?

Alsso all my song saved in sd card but it turns out become streaming song and the data stay still in sd card.

Same issue here as well. Been having this problem for the last two or three months (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge), have tried everything - reinstalling, deleting any cache linked to Spotify, removing offline devices - but as soon as I download something, it is gone within a day.

I have had this problem for a long time. As long as I use Spotify over wifi all is well. If I leave the wifi-enabled world (I go hiking in the forest quite a lot) the offline tracks start to disappear, get greyed out, one by one. The longer I stay out of wifi-range, the more tracks are greyed out. It's like there's an algorithm in operation. Dear Spotify - is this done on purpose?

It's happening again. They should change the title of this thread. This isn't solved at all.

Same type of phone same issue with spotify

I had the same issue (lg g5) . its happened before... Rubbish service spotify close to switching..

Happened twice to me in two weeks. No offline devices show up after it happens. This is not a solution. This needs to be fixed. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Suggested posts