Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

I'm having a similar issue as a lot of Priemium members. I have a whole bunch of songs and playlists downloaded to my phone that disappear every few days. This forces me to redownload the same songs and playlists every time.

I have gone through the community posts and followed a lot of the guidelines, ie. erase all data, clear cache, uninstall Spotify, restart device, reinstall Spotify, re-download all songs and playlists. It takes hours to do this and frankly, it is a bit ridiculous for a paid service.

I have done this 4 times over the last month or so. Can anyone else help?

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Marshmellow 6.0.1 saving all data to SD card.

69 Replies

Same issue here. Happened many times already but I just can't cancel this stupid premium account because my of mobile service provider's plan. Fix this BS. 

Same problem. Note 8.  Spotify have clearly not fixed it.  The work-arounds are ridiculous for a $200 a year product.  Will be looking at alternative products

Happend to me again now. Tidal here I come.

I have s7 edge..i fixed the issue and told spotify..heres the solution..i went in to developer options on the cell phone and then go to turn on force allow apps on external micro sd card..i put my spotify app in the micro sd card and along with all my songs and had no issue since..been having issue for awhile was getting frustrated and finally found the solution..i was getting signed out every week..and had to redownload the app and all my songs..

Thanks for your solution, I'll give it a try! I have a question, though, hope you can help. Can you explain how you actually installed the entire app on the SD card? Did you install it from the playstore on your internal and then move it to the SD card via settings/apps/storage/change? Or does setting the Developer Option Force Allow...create the option to install the app straight from the playstore directly onto the SD card completely? I also have an S7 edge, not rooted.

Appreciate your help!
Kind regards,
Rutger

If u have to redownload it do it..ill have screen shots how to do it..if it stays for about 2 weeks..go back into ur app settings and see where it's located..to be safe if it says internal go ahead and switch it back to external..there will be a pop up..go ahead and it will switch there..sending u second email with attachment..not enough room

Screenshot_20180109-202035.png
Screenshot_20180109-202108.png
Screenshot_20180109-202303.png

Let me know after a couple weeks..let me know if it worked for u or not

Screenshot_20180109-202801.png

Thanks, I'll try it!

Yw

How's it goin? Is it working? Been couple weeks

So far, so good. Strange this with some playlist it show not downloaded, but when I open all but one song are downloaded. It then re-download that one song and it's okay again. But, overall, it seems to work. I did not uninstall the app, just adjusted the settings in 'Developer Options/Force allow apps...' and moved the Spotify app to the SD card. So far, so good!

I had to delete play list..but remember every couple weeks..turn off and back on offline modes..if u go 29th day u will have to redownload all your songs

Screenshot_20180121-170629.png

Good tip about switching offline mode off and on every couple of weeks. Had not realized that. Thanks!

Yw

@rhnbldg wrote:
2!nd time this happened to me in one week. This doesn't feel premium at all.

Lost Music
Yes this  has just happened to me also just a waste of data and precious time .I have read where it is ok to download to my sd card It is not worth paying for premium if this is going to keep happening pleas fix it up  Spotify as there are plenty of alternatives  out there

Try my solution another user..found it helpful..

Knock on wood! Still going without a hitch! Proudmom2's solution  seems to work. It's not so much a Spotify problem as it is an Android thing.

I don’t think it’s an Android thing. Been happening to my iPhone for a year or two now. Too lazy to switch but next time it happens I’m going to Apple Music.

B thanks it was driving me crazy thank god i am not over a metered connection

i'm glad its working for ya..i have upgraded to s9+ and had no issues whats so ever...

Suggested posts