Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading local files from mobile to desktop.

Solved!

Downloading local files from mobile to desktop.

I have a very large catalogue of local files music that used to be stored on my PC. However, after some technical issues with the windows username I had lost the files because all the files under the user folder vanished. However I still have the music downloaded to my phone.

It has just come to my attention it is also possible to add local tracks from mobile to a playlist. I had hoped this would mean I could download all the custom files music onto my desktop again the same way I got it onto my mobile device but unfortunately it does not seem to work.

I had tried the way I expected it to work, connecting to the same connection as my desktop and downloading the music in the playlist. And yet none of the local files were downloaded.

Is there something I'm missing or perhaps there is some other way I can port the music back to my desktop? Perhaps by copying the encrypted storage files from my mobile Spotify to my desktop Spotify? Thank you kindly in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheBreadBringer

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We’re afraid this isn’t possible, since the local files are saved in the app's cache just like the offline music and they're encrypted. In this case, it’s not possible to move them back to your PC and download them there. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheBreadBringer

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We’re afraid this isn’t possible, since the local files are saved in the app's cache just like the offline music and they're encrypted. In this case, it’s not possible to move them back to your PC and download them there. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts