Endless loading spinner when trying to see my downloaded songs

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5

Operating System

Android v5.0

Screenshot

Screenshot_2019-02-20-08-56-00.png

My Question or Issue

I don't get this: I'm trying to see my downloaded songs. They should be available offline, right? Then WHY am I EVER shown a loading spinner? I'm trying to see content that is ON my phone. What's the purpose of downloading songs if I need an internet connection to see them?

In this case, I even had good connection. I'm able to visit this website to make this post. But Spotify won't show me my songs so I assume it's a server issue. Which I shouldn't have to care about because they're OFFLINE songs. When I turn off my internet completely, it always works seamlessly so I assume it tries to make a connection when I'm connected to the internet but it fails.

7 Replies

Hey @lkllnd93!

This seems to be a known issue which is described here. And it seems to be under investigation. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I wish you a nice day 🙂

sorry, but this seems to be a different issue unless I'm misunderstanding.

@lkllnd93

I'm sorry there happened to be a misunderstanding. Can you check this article and see if it helps?

Same problem here, only now happening on my new phone...can't listen to anything at all.

Sorry, but the only useful informationen I'm getting from that article is the option to turn on Offline Mode. I was already aware I could do that, but that disables me from listening to music I haven't downloaded yet.

What I want is to be able to listen to my downloaded music at ANY time, independent from my connection status. I don't understand why that's not already the case - like I don't understand the coding decision to show me a loading spinner when I'm just trying to see my offline content.

@lkllnd93 @Refkill22

Here's some things you can do:

1. Try an alternative connection (if on a public or office network try a private network, if possible)
  2. Soft reset of the device
  3. Try an alternative device (if possible)
  4. Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  5. Ensure device has enough storage space

Also - does it happen with your albums as well?

Thank you for your efforts, but all those solutions don't actually adress the core problem. Why does spotify need an internet connection to simply display my saved songs? That's what doesn't make sense to me and frankly annoys me. 

This happens with albums as well, yes.

Suggested posts