Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extra files in playlist made of local files

Solved!

Extra files in playlist made of local files

Hi,

I've made a playlist from my local files and everything seems to look ok on my computer, but when I look at the same playlist on my phone there are some extra gray files that I can't delete. I've tried reinstalling the app but it keeps showing up there. I've downloaded the original playlist on my computer and the one on my phone but the gray files keep on showing up. They're like "garbage files". Anyone knows how to get rid of them?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, I kind of fixed it. I've deleted a playlist, reset the local files localization folder and did it again carefully. Downloaded the playlist on my computer first and then when it showed up on my phone app I've downloaded it there. I hope it works. If anyone has any suggestions to this case please share it 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I am also looking for the answer to this please - its so irrating having to scroll through a bunch of blurred songs. Is there any option to hide these on your phone?

Ok spoke on live chat and we figured it out. If you look on your playlist on the desktop you will sometimes see a little down arrow next to the album name (if you hpver over it it will say local file). That means that it is a local file that did not match with spotify (aka the blurred songs in your app) if you remove those from the playlist (they can still be found in your local files and on your computer) they wpnt show up blurred in your app 🙂

That's the problem - they're not in my local files folder. I've made sure to separate everything I wanted to add to my playlist. They're not showing up anywhere on my computer app (those extra files) but they're on my phone app. I can't find the way to delete them cause in the phone app I don't have the delete button in the song menu.

Ohh sorry 😞
Marked as solution

Ok, I kind of fixed it. I've deleted a playlist, reset the local files localization folder and did it again carefully. Downloaded the playlist on my computer first and then when it showed up on my phone app I've downloaded it there. I hope it works. If anyone has any suggestions to this case please share it 🙂

Suggested posts