Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Definite solution for storage issues on Marshmallow 6.0.1 [NO ROOT REQUIRED]

After finding out that spotify does not work well with adoptable storage, and it requires an external SD set up as portable in order to save downloaded songs externally. I was looking for a way i could have them both into my phone by partitioning the...

• Visitor
  • ...reating, this means i'm into 20% private (adopted) and 80% public (portable)   if you receive a "500 21 Unknown Disk" error. check for any typos at your code, check if youre using the proper divider f...
  • benjadz1
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Behind the lyrics

Tengo el Samsung s5 y no me aparece el Behind the lyrics en ninguna de mis canciones, quisiera saber cuál es el problema.

• Tengo el Samsung s5 y no me aparece el Behind the lyrics en ninguna de mis canciones, quisiera saber cuál es el problema.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Eliminar todas canciones de bibliotecas

Quiero borrar todo mi play list asi eliminar la todo el registro completo pero no encuentro una opción que me permita hacerlo completo, si quiero eliminarla tengo que hacerlo canción por canción. ¿alguien sabe como hacerlo de forma rápida? Eliminé el...

• Casual Listener
  • Quiero borrar todo mi play list asi eliminar la todo el registro completo pero no encuentro una opción que me permita hacerlo completo, si quiero eliminarla tengo que hacerlo canción por canción. ¿al...
  • erickst
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Share option wont work

Whenever im listening to a song and click the three dots, then click "share" its stops the song thats playing and take me to the home screen...

• Whenever im listening to a song and click the three dots, then click "share" its stops the song thats playing and take me to the home screen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few songs

Description When I play a playlist on my Android, usually a few songs will play normally and then suddenly the music will stop (usually when starting a new song, but rarely also in the middle of a song). This happens no matter if I'm in offline mode ...

• Music Fan
  • Description When I play a playlist on my Android, usually a few songs will play normally and then suddenly the music will stop (usually when starting a new song, but rarely also in the middle of a ...
  • stephenbacon
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken Android login when offline

I have had to delete and redownload this app on my HTC 10 several times because all of a sudden I need to log in again and it will not put the app back online so I can log in. I have hundreds of extreme quality songs downloaded so lose them all becau...

• Regular
  • I have had to delete and redownload this app on my HTC 10 several times because all of a sudden I need to log in again and it will not put the app back online so I can log in. I have hundreds of extr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer able to download music to SD card

I noticed yesterday that the many playlists I had downloaded to my phone's SD card were no longer downloaded. I have 87 GB of storage available on the SD card, so that can't be the issue. I have tried the clean re-install and clearing the cache, neit...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed yesterday that the many playlists I had downloaded to my phone's SD card were no longer downloaded. I have 87 GB of storage available on the SD card, so that can't be the issue. I have trie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix remote pause/restart of android playback

I would like to connect my android phone to a stereo in another room, and be able to control its playback from a laptop (Windows) on which I am working. It almost works. I can choose new songs and skip forward/back, but if I pause the playback it swi...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to connect my android phone to a stereo in another room, and be able to control its playback from a laptop (Windows) on which I am working.  It almost works.  I can choose new ...
  • agus92
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • main-Android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug with shuffle play

I think I found a bug with shuffle on the android app. When I go to an album I want to listen to and press shuffle play, it usually plays one or two songs from that album then starts playing songs from other albums by the same artist. Sometimes it do...

• I think I found a bug with shuffle on the android app. When I go to an album I want to listen to and press shuffle play, it usually plays one or two songs from that album then starts playing songs fr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share music without App crashing?

Every time I try to share music on mobile my app crashes, it's been two weeks now and I don't know what to do and I'm very annoyed because I love sharing music with my friends. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app? I pay for this app, it should d...

• Every time I try to share music on mobile my app crashes, it's been two weeks now and I don't know what to do and I'm very annoyed because I love sharing music with my friends. Should I uninstall and...
  • ncredsox
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

App shutdown

Phone: Google pixel XL Problem: upon hitting the share button for a song, playlist, etc., the app minimizes and does not let you do anything. Very frustrating. I have uninstalled Spotify, reinstalled, and restarted my phone, but all to no avail.

• Phone: Google pixel XL  Problem: upon hitting the share button for a song, playlist, etc., the app minimizes and does not let you do anything. Very frustrating.   I have uninstalled Spot...
  • ncredsox
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't play album Evolve on Android

So I am having problems playing anything on the Evolve album by Imagine Dragons while on my Android app. I can play the music on my desktop, just not my phone. I'm on the latest version and I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app a couple of t...

• So I am having problems playing anything on the Evolve album by Imagine Dragons while on my Android app. I can play the music on my desktop, just not my phone. I'm on the latest version and I have tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"esta cancion no esta disponible. Si tienes el archivo en el ordenador puedes importarlo"

me sale ese cartel en el ordenador y en el celular ni siquiera lo reproduce, me pasa con un album en especifico, pense que se podria tratar de algun tema de licencia, pero descarte esa posibilidad cuando todas las otras personas si lo pueden reproduc...

•  me sale ese cartel en el ordenador y en el celular ni siquiera lo reproduce, me pasa con un album en especifico, pense que se podria tratar de algun tema de licencia, pero descarte esa posibili...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify took over my Playlist!

I have a free Spotify account. I created a playlist when I opened my account and have been adding music to my playlist up until a few days ago. Now my playlist no longer has my username next to my Playlist title. It has (By Spotify) instead of (By "m...

• I have a free Spotify account. I created a playlist when I opened my account and have been adding music to my playlist up until a few days ago. Now my playlist no longer has my username next to my Pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Player Not Playing Songs (Chrome)

I have Chrome and yesterday my web player stopped working out of the blue. I tried resetting my flash player plugins, making sure I was connected on the right device, logged out of my desktop client, and I also tried logging out and logging back in. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Chrome and yesterday my web player stopped working out of the blue. I tried resetting my flash player plugins, making sure I was connected on the right device, logged out of my desktop client,...
  • tewser
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Always play through connected device by default on android

I mostly use spotify on my android tablet at home. I want Spotify to always play by default through my Chromecast speakers. At the moment I have to go in and select them every time. It would be very easy to allow the user to mark a device as preferre...

• Casual Listener
  • I mostly use spotify on my android tablet at home. I want Spotify to always play by default through my Chromecast speakers. At the moment I have to go in and select them every time. It would be very ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Local file not downloading/playing on mobile (but other local files are fine)

I have an mp3 song that I'd like to play on my Spotify app (premium account) on my Android phone. The song is not available from Spotify itself. It plays fine in my desktop Spotify app (Windows 10), but it's greyed out and won't play on my phone, des...

• Regular
  • I have an mp3 song that I'd like to play on my Spotify app (premium account) on my Android phone. The song is not available from Spotify itself. It plays fine in my desktop Spotify app (Windows 10), ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local file
    local files
    mp3
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas para reproducir canciones en Android

No puedo reproducir algunas canciones en la app de Android (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) sin embargo, en el web player y en la app de Mac sí las puedo reproducir. Ya desinstalé y volví a instalar la app de Android y no se resuelve el problema. ¿Me podrían...

• No puedo reproducir algunas canciones en la app de Android (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) sin embargo, en el web player y en la app de Mac sí las puedo reproducir. Ya desinstalé y volví a instalar la app d...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Need to download songs again

I have the problem that after a while I need to download some songs or a complete playlist again. It is anoying sometimes when I am without WiFi and I realise that the song is not locally saved anymore. I would understand if Spotify loses copyright f...

• Regular
  • I have the problem that after a while I need to download some songs or a complete playlist again. It is anoying sometimes when I am without WiFi and I realise that the song is not locally saved ...
  • Christian85DE
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only one album that is not working

I seem to be able to play all songs except that from big seans latest album. Anyone know why that is?

• I seem to be able to play all songs except that from big seans latest album. Anyone know why that is?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes