Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps re-downloading

Music keeps re-downloading

So I have Spotify on my Trio AXS 4G tablet. At-least 3 times a day, when I open the Spotify app it says it is downloading my almost 2,000 songs all over again. I have tried everything, from clearing cache, re-installing the app. All of that. /: I've follow directions given to other users in different threads here as well. It always seems to fix it, until the next day when I go to open the app, it wants to redownload all of the music.

I can honestly say, after the three month trial, if this issue is not resolved, I will never be a Spotify customer again. /: I'm not gonna pay for something that doesn't work.

11350062_1413240655667003_1567291833_n.jpg
13 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I just upgraded the latest spotify app update on my iphone 5 ios 9.2 and it seems since then that my already downloaded songs are being re-downloaded again when I try and download new content. This is wasting alot of data.

Anyone else noticed this?

Dave

Yes, it's happening to me now on my iPhone 6 . I had an iPhone 4 previously and had the same issue. I've upgraded to the iPhone 6 and it's happening all over again . To the Spotify team " please don't ask me for technical information, please don't ask me to replicate the issue, please don't ask me which version of iPhone I'm using, please don't ask me when did all this start to happen, please don't ask me to clean the cache. This issue is something you need to resolve because you create the app. You know there are a magnitude of phone models and app versions out there. I know if I didn't pay you I would  be immediately downgraded from premium. So I expect you to have a viable solution to this seemingly large problem 

I got the same issue on android i have to redownload again and again the music its really frustrating can the team repair this!?!?!

Same issue here on iPhone 6.
Local files keep re-downloading. Did anybody find a fix?

On my Samsung S4 it is re-downloading all my music! I have over 1000 songs downloaded and it is using up all my data! UGH STOP IT!!

You can set it to only download while on WiFi. Obviously this is still an issue, one that I'm also having but this will save your data. You can also put the app in offline mode that will stop the songs from downloading automatically

Didn't realize I wasn't alone in this issue but there's no comfort in that, really. I paid for Premium so my family and I can enjoy thr perks but having our songs re-downloaded over and over again by the thousands is insane. I really hope Spotify's tech guys are tryin to fix it coz it's been goin on for years even after all the proposed fixes.

I switched to Apple Music. So much better!

hi..spotify is a greate music archive...but i wana have it like a radio..for example when i play a music to listen how is it....the app gonna download whole the music even the tracks after that..i wanna it downloads musics as a online radio station sites.. to dont loose a lot of internet volume (amount of internet)....thanks

I'm having this same issue. I keep excluding download tracks, 'cause there's no more space on my phone, but Spotify keeps re-downloading then. What's the point of the "Remove" button? When I download a song, and I don't like it anymore, I want it out/discarded out of my phone. I'm a Premium User, algo. I don't want Spotify to re-download it, so my phone doesn't have any more space to do that. 

I have an iPhone 7 that I just got yesterday and I am having the same issue! I am so frustrated I have about 2,000 songs and each time I open the app it keeps re downloading. I listen to my music on the way to work with spotty service so I need the music to be downloaded or else I can't listen to anything. Extremely frustrated.

Same issue with Moto Z play - It's burning through my data each month re-downloading everything. I've gone way over this month as a result and now can't use Spotify with the radio in my car (the place i listen to music most) unless i remember to connect to the wifi & download all the tracks again before i leave home/work each time. Reinstalling the app does nothing. I'm totally with Beirut bomber (unless he is actually bombing things, then i would like to make it clear i do not support him in any way!) - Sort it out spotify - i got premium so i could listen to music on the go WITHOUT burning through my data - if this is not fixed soon i will be downgrading my membership as I expect will many others.

Suggested posts