Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG V30

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

Ever since yesterday the app on my android phone has been extremely buggy. Taking a long time to start songs back up after pausing, menus take an extremely long time to load, like minutes at a time, it will even crash sometimes. It works just fine on my pc and my tv, so i dont think its account related. I've tried it both on my mobile connection and home wifi, the issue persists. It started yesterday when spotify kept giving me a black screen, even after closing and restarting the app. then when i tried restarting my phone it locked up my phone during restart and i had to do a hard reset using the power and volume button. Ever since then its been acting this way. I've tried reinstalling it, to no avail. I've been using the app for hours on end daily since I've had the phone without issue. I drive for a living and music is my main form of entertainment while working so I would greatly appreciate getting this issue fixed, as my ability to use the app on my phone is greatly limited. If theres a cache i can maybe delete after uninstall the app to give it a fresh install or something, I'll happily do it.

spotifyphonelag2.png
6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date. I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Tried all those things, nothing has helped. It feels like theres a disconnect in actions that are requested of the app and it doing it, the UI still works without a hitch, i can minimize currently playing and bring it back up without a delay, switch to different menu options, but if i pause or unpause a song, the button changes, but the music takes time to actually respond to the request. during that time the 'time played' freezes til it actually pauses the song.

When the main menu finally loads up, it loads up with no images, then another few minutes later it loads up the images. Everything just seems extremely delayed, without the app actually being locked up interface wise.

Hey @Frosternal,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Have you tried to boot on Safe Mode and see if that helps?

I'd also recommend trying to clear the cache partition and check if there's another app that you have installed which might be causing this.

Hope it helps 🙂

safe mode doesnt let you open any non-default apps.
i cleared the cache partition, no change.
I originally uninstalled everything that could possibly interact with spotify when i started having this issue.
I cleared the cache when i cleared the data for the spotify app.

Yeah I know Safe Mode  doesn’t let you open any third party apps but I just meant to boot into it and return back to Normal Mode to see if it actually made any difference 🙂

Also, could you try signing in with a different Spotify account to see if that helps?

I tried a different account, no difference.

Suggested posts