Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Find a suggested song I liked?

Solved!

Find a suggested song I liked?

I heard a suggested song (while playing one of my playlists) while I was in the shower that I really liked. Peeked out the shower to see the title of it and made a mental note but forgot the title of it by the end of the shower! Any way I can find this song somehow in my history or something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I did a bit more testing as the client seems to pick up the android play history over connect and it looks like it doesn't need to be running at the same time. Here's what I did.

• Listened to some music on android with desktop client closed.
  • Stopped spotify on android.
  • Launched desktop client.
  • Went to client play history which was empty.
  • Started spotify on android and played a track.
  • Desktop client queue and history populated and showed songs I had payed while it was closed.

So it seems that android does keep a play history which we can't access on mobile and the history is transferred to the desktop client in the right circumstances.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello @elliegator, thanks for posting! 

You can view your history on the desktop app instead. If you don't listened to much music, you'll see your last 50 tracks there, and hopefully, find the song you're looking for.

Here's a guide of how to view your history, if you don't know : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Doesn't the desktop client only show play history for music played using the client?

Good question @Joe

Just tested it and you're right.

But if the app is turned on, the history is counted on the desktop as well.

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I did a bit more testing as the client seems to pick up the android play history over connect and it looks like it doesn't need to be running at the same time. Here's what I did.

• Listened to some music on android with desktop client closed.
  • Stopped spotify on android.
  • Launched desktop client.
  • Went to client play history which was empty.
  • Started spotify on android and played a track.
  • Desktop client queue and history populated and showed songs I had payed while it was closed.

So it seems that android does keep a play history which we can't access on mobile and the history is transferred to the desktop client in the right circumstances.

Suggested posts