Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Music] Problemas con el modo Aleatorio

La mayoría de las veces que uso el Modo Aleatorio, en algún momento cuando comienza a reproducir una canción se queda mudo y tengo que seleccionar otra para que se pueda escuchar. Cuándo lo van a arreglar? Tengo un celular Sony Xperia M. Muchas graci...

• Casual Listener
  • La mayoría de las veces que uso el Modo Aleatorio, en algún momento cuando comienza a reproducir una canción se queda mudo y tengo que seleccionar otra para que se pueda escuchar. Cuándo lo van a arr...
  • bocha1976
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Mobile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't navigate the site - can anyone help?

It seems if I turn off my tablet then on again the app wants me to log in, says password wrong, although it is definitely not wrong, I click the forgotten your pw link, reset it, then one of two things: I go to my account through the link in the mail...

• Casual Listener
  • It seems if I turn off my tablet then on again the app wants me to log in, says password wrong, although it is definitely not wrong, I click the forgotten your pw link, reset it, then one of two thin...
  • ItsJamesJ
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify randomly stops playing at the end of a song

i started a playlist when on wifi and after 2 or 3 songs it just stopped playing the song a second before it was finished. i tried a different playlist, which started playing as usual and right after i verified everything was normal i went back to th...

• Casual Listener
  • i started a playlist when on wifi and after 2 or 3 songs it just stopped playing the song a second before it was finished. i tried a different playlist, which started playing as usual and right ...
  • Becca93
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 4.1 strange storage problem

helloit seems that since some times, i've a bug on my Sony ZX1 Android 4.1.1 with Spotify 5.8.0.1029 :usually it used to save downloaded music on usb storage data (128GB) but suddenly it starts saving to the internal storage (1GB) ! so quickly the in...

• Regular
  • hello it seems that since some times, i've a bug on my Sony ZX1 Android 4.1.1 with Spotify 5.8.0.1029 : usually it used to save downloaded music on usb storage data (128GB) but suddenly it starts s...
  • shahrass
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music keeps being deleted

I saw the solution to my problem, something about offline devices needing to reset from the Spotify side, then having to redownload my playlist. I was wondering if you could do the same with me, songs from my offline playlist keep being erased.

• I saw the solution to my problem, something about offline devices needing to reset from the Spotify side, then having to redownload my playlist. I was wondering if you could do the same with me, song...
  • OpTicNickson
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Running Spotify in background - problems

I hope somebody can help. I am using a Sony Z1 Compact. If I put the Spotify in background and using other apps, then return back to the music app, I have big troubles. The Spotify still plays the selected tracks but I can not doing anything else in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I hope somebody can help. I am using a Sony Z1 Compact. If I put the Spotify in background and using other apps, then return back to the music app, I have big troubles. The Spotify still plays the se...
  • Tusky77
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Volume Changes

So, when I'm listening to music on spotify, the volume of the song suddenly goes down randomly and then comes back up a minute later. It's very frustrating, and I've already turned off SoundAlive (I have a Samsung S6), trying different songs, and re-...

• So, when I'm listening to music on spotify, the volume of the song suddenly goes down randomly and then comes back up a minute later. It's very frustrating, and I've already turned off SoundAlive (I ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paiment

Je veu un abonement premium donc je paie mai quand jentre tou ce quil faut il me dise de rentrer le mois qiand ses deja fait !!!!

• Je veu un abonement premium donc je paie mai quand jentre tou ce quil faut il me dise de rentrer le mois qiand ses deja fait !!!!
  • gaddy06
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify always logs out

Hi! Since I have a new phone (yes, I logged out from the app on my old phone) the Spotify app on my new android phone logs out my account after a few minutes, which makes it impossible for me to listen to music offline. I'm using Spotify on my macboo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  Since I have a new phone (yes, I logged out from the app on my old phone) the Spotify app on my new android phone logs out my account after a few minutes, which makes it impossible for me ...
  • balthasarwied
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music being erased for no reason

Hello, I have downloaded about 2GB of music with my Premium Account. The problem is that today I just found in the application that my songs and lists were not downloaded, even though I checked out the application data size, which was still around 2G...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have downloaded about 2GB of music with my Premium Account. The problem is that today I just found in the application that my songs and lists were not downloaded, even though I chec...
  • GuevaraZepp8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canceling my free subscription through my service provider

I will be cancelling my FREE SUBSCRIPTION through my service provider with Spotify due to no customer service. I have made multiple posts about my downloaded content disappearing with no explanation. I have gone threw all trouble shooting from Spotif...

• Regular
  • I will be cancelling my FREE SUBSCRIPTION through my service provider with Spotify due to no customer service. I have made multiple posts about my downloaded content disappearing with no explanation....
  • Kamran
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xfinity Ad making my app freeze

Whenever the Xfinity ad plays on my Samsung Galaxy S2 android tablet the app freezes. I have to exit the app and come back in to make it work. I've tried pressing the back button but it is stuck on that screen. Just letting you know in case other peo...

• Whenever the Xfinity ad plays on my Samsung Galaxy S2 android tablet the app freezes.  I have to exit the app and come back in to make it work.  I've tried pressing the back button but it i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded playlists

Sound daft but where will my downloaded playlists have gone to on my Samsung mobile phone. I thought with Premium you could listen off-line, i.e.when you cant connect to Spotify via wi-fi. I've downloaded playlists but can't find them. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Sound daft but where will my downloaded playlists have gone to on my Samsung mobile phone. I thought with Premium you could listen off-line, i.e.when you cant connect to Spotify via wi-fi. I've downl...
  • DaveG12
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

COUPURES INCESSANTES

Bonjour je suis sur un meizu pro 6 avec Android marshmallow 6.0 et j'en ai marre d'avoir des coupures incessantes en plein milieu d'une musique à tout moment même quand jai un réseau sur c'est extrêmement énervement.Merci de m'aider

• Bonjour je suis sur un meizu pro 6 avec Android marshmallow 6.0 et j'en ai marre d'avoir des coupures incessantes en plein milieu d'une musique à tout moment même quand jai un réseau sur c'est extrêm...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Cannot cache songs via mobile

Hi,My mobile data plan includes unlimited Spotify traffic via mobile (t-mobile germany). However, nowadays I'm unable to cache tracks offline on demand. The option to download via mobile is active in settings, I've reinstalled the app and cleared the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, My mobile data plan includes unlimited Spotify traffic via mobile (t-mobile germany). However, nowadays I'm unable to cache tracks offline on demand. The option to download via mobile is activ...
  • WoRie
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Someone else is listening to music on my account!

Help! Someone else is using my account to play songs on "pawel computer" and I'm the only one who has ever used it before. How can I stop it? They're playing songs I've never heard if and I keep trying to stop it, but is there a long time solution?

• Help! Someone else is using my account to play songs on "pawel computer" and I'm the only one who has ever used it before. How can I stop it? They're playing songs I've never heard if and I keep tryi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with engaging in any track or album

It is a bit of time that I can not use the play on any of the individual songs or the album, I can just click on "shuffle" and I have to wait for the song I want, but often I go out songs or artists that I do not try. How can I fix?

• It is a bit of time that I can not use the play on any of the individual songs or the album, I can just click on "shuffle" and I have to wait for the song I want, but often I go out songs or artists ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ITunes track sounds different on Spotify

So when I imported my iTunes songs to Spotify, Spotify has gone and changed the version of the song. I don't want this to happen, I want it to stay the same. Can it be resolved?

• Casual Listener
  • So when I imported my iTunes songs to Spotify, Spotify has gone and changed the version of the song. I don't want this to happen, I want it to stay the same. Can it be resolved?
  • villarreal7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes automatically after I connect to my local WLAN

Spotify closes automatically after I connect to my local WLAN.If I connect to 3G/UMTS or other WLANs then Spotify has no problems. I already re-installed Spotify. Delete the cache and all temp Data.It would be great, if someone could help me!

• Spotify closes automatically after I connect to my local WLAN. If I connect to 3G/UMTS or other WLANs then Spotify has no problems.   I already re-installed Spotify. Delete the cache and all ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android phone shown as multiple devices in offline devices

Hi,my Android phone (Sony Z3 compact, Android 6.0) is the only device I use for Spotify however it shows up as multiple Android devices in the offline manager. This leads quite often to the message that I already have 3 offline devices and the app de...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my Android phone (Sony Z3 compact, Android 6.0) is the only device I use for Spotify however it shows up as multiple Android devices in the offline manager. This leads quite often to the message...
  • GeneralError
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes