Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fire TV - UK user with Premium Subscription - Spotify Connect not working

Solved!

Fire TV - UK user with Premium Subscription - Spotify Connect not working

Hi,

I have just installed a Fire TV in my living room and installed Spotify Connect from Amazon Appstore. When I open the App on the Fire TV neither my iPad Air or iPhone 6 can see the Fire TV. Both are running iOS 8.1 and have latest Spotify iOS Apps. They CAN use Spotify Connect to see each other and stream music to each other, just not the TV.

1. Yes, I am a Premium subscriber (UK).
2. I have tried removing devices from the Spotify account page. It didn't help.
3. Yes, all devices are wirelessly connected to the same network.

Any ideas? My only thought is that this is still a US only feature, but I have no idea how to confirm that or why it should be the case.

Michael Taylor
22 Replies

I just received an message from Amazon saying that is not enough customers  responding to our problem so they are unable to offer a solution at this moment in time. I suggested  that was Amazon's problem as the supplier of the unit and not the end users being the customers. Waiting  for a responce.

P.S.

Spotify Conect (beta) on my PC desktop see's my iPad but not the Fire TV.

Marked as solution

Ok, so the issue is to do with Wi-Fi and the Fire TV. After using an Ethernet cable, everything works as expected.

I have tried both radio channels, DMZ, fixed IP for the Fire TV - nothing works. Wired, works first time. Bear in mind that all other devices can Spotify Connect to each other over Wi-Fi, so this is really odd.

For now it looks like I'm going to have to get an extra-long Ethernet cable and hope this gets fixed at some point. Hope this helps someone else!

Well done Tyridan, just hard wired my unit and as you said it works, shame nobody at Amazon or Spotify could come up with this solution it's not ideal but least it works. I used a home plug so a long Ethernet cable is not needed.

Suggested posts