Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forced to resync songs to offline mode

Forced to resync songs to offline mode

Hi guys,

I have a problem with Spotify's offline mode. I can sync songs to my external sd card just fine; however, the songs do not stay synced. While in offline mode, the songs will suddenly become unavailable after an hour of unuse or after restarting the tablet. I have to go online to resync the songs. This is a problem when I go on trips and have no access to wifi...

Any suggestions? I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 running 4.4.2 Kitkat with 40gb of storage available on my external sd card.

Thanks.

3 Replies

SD card issues seem to be a feature of android and I'm not sure if there will ever be a solution which works for everyone as there are just too many variables. There's a long running bug topic here by the way and, reading through, it seems that undownloading music is most common when external SD cards are used.

My recommendation would be to try using the internal storage instead and see if it works more reliably. Just follow these steps:

1. Remove external SD card
  2. In spotify settings, near the bottom, clear the cache
  3. Log back into spotify and play a track or download some music
  4. Reinsert the external SD card

Thank you for the quick reply. I followed your instructions and synced a small playlist to my internal storage. So far so good. After restarting my tablet twice with wifi turned off, the songs are still playable in offline mode.

It's a shame about the external sd card issue. Fortunately, I do not have large playlists at the moment. I'm more worried about in the long term.

Guess I'll check back in a few months and see if a solution has ever been posted or ask again.

Thanks~

Thanks for the update. Yes it is a shame about external SD cards but it seems to be very much an android issue and not confined to Spotify. I'm starting to understand why the Google devices don't have external SD card slots.

Suggested posts