Step 1

NEXT STEP

Frequent auto-pausing during playback

Frequent auto-pausing during playback

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

Operating System: Android 

My Question or Issue: 

Throughout the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing spotify auto-pausing my podcasts during playback. The autopausing seems to happen at random intervals where sometimes I will have a second of playback, and other times I can get through a whole podcast without it pausing before it starts again in the next one. Most often I get around 30 seconds to a minute of playback. I have only noticed this happening since the beginning of January.

At this point I have tried as many of the troubleshooting methods I can find inculding: 

-closing and restarting the app

-restarting the phone

- clearing both the phones cache and the spotify cache

- downloading the content ahead of listening to avoid bad/weak internet connections. Including fully turning off all internet connections when I listen so it is not background scanning for a connection.

- deleting and reinstalling the app

-checking that software on both the app and phone are up to date

-making sure the phone is not in power saving mode

I am not sure what else to try as nothing seems to be fixing the problem and I am getting very frustrated. 

1 Reply

Hi there @Gtomsq,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Since the pausing is happening at random, it could be that someone else who has access to a device on which you're logged in might be pausing your music. This can happen if you're logged in your household smart speaker or TV and a family member is pausing the podcast.

Can you try Logging out everywhere and logging back in only on your phone for a couple of days to see if this keeps happening.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts