Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends/Artist Noitifications suddenly stopped working

Friends/Artist Noitifications suddenly stopped working

Greetings!

Noticed that my friends/arttist notifications stopped updating 4 days ago. I also tried sharing a couple of songs, but they didn't show up either. I deleted cache, but no effect.

wondering if anyone else is having this issue?  Or at the very least, hope that this could be passed on to the devs.

Thanks!

Spotify Mobile version 5.1.0.849

Galaxy Note 5 (American version)

Stock Android 5.1.1

15 Replies

Have you checked the notifications are still enabled in the Spotify app settings???

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

That was one of the first things I did. Every notification is switched to on. Also reinstalled just to try and cover all my bases. No change though.

I usually averaged artist updates every 1 to 2 days, which is why I noticed after not seeing the little notification dot on the bell icon for a while, that maybe something was wrong.

Just to clarify: Not seeing any updates in the activity section of the app. At least since 4 days ago.

I have however gotten a few updates about songs being added to some of the paylists I follow.

Great. I've escalated this post to staff to see if they can check if there are issues on the server at present. Will let you know what response I get.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks for taking the time to respond and help Daniel.

Hi there. OK - So it seems tech are aware of issues with notifications and I've been advised that they hope to have a fix soon.

Fingers-crossed it's not too much longer!

Android Troubleshooting:

They removed this feature to share within Spotify. It's one of their recent changes. Support says it may or may not come back. That's typically what Spotify says anytime they remove something that everybody likes, like ability to see who's following playlist that you created. Very unsocial for a social network.

@Daniel wrote:
Great. I've escalated this post to staff to see if they can check if there are issues on the server at present. Will let you know what response I get.

Pobably should have done this in my original post, but I thought it might help uploading a screenshot showing (as of the time I uploaded this) that the last two updates I have are from 5 days ago.

Screenshot_2016-04-27-10-19-08.png

That's fine, it's a confirmed issue so no need for further information. Hoping for a fix soon!

Android Troubleshooting:

For those of you missing the notification bell, check this post out to see if that might be the issue.

For those having issues with notifications not ticking in anymore, try this for a possible quick fix:

1. pop over here for your notification settings.

2. remove all ticks/turn off all notifications, and save settings.

3. reset the notifications you want, and save once more.

In most cases, this should bring your notifications back as before.
(Note that some notification features are removed lately, find the changes on your notification settings page)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

@Eiler wrote:

For those of you missing the notification bell, check this post out to see if that might be the issue.

For those having issues with notifications not ticking in anymore, try this for a possible quick fix:

1. pop over here for your notification settings.

2. remove all ticks/turn off all notifications, and save settings.

3. reset the notifications you want, and save once more.

In most cases, this should bring your notifications back as before.
(Note that some notification features are removed lately, find the changes on your notification settings page)

Thx for the suggestion. Didn't work for me, but it was certainly worth a shot 

As one of your fellow rock stars already confirmed in this thread, Spotify acknowledged that this is as an issue. 

its been weeks since I've recieved rany in-app artist notifications.

I just hope the devs fix the issue soon.

OK, thanks @user-removed,

it was a possible quick fix, worked for me anyway. We'll wait and see whats the devs come up with I guess 🙂

@Eiler wrote:

OK, thanks @user-removed,

it was a possible quick fix, worked for me anyway. We'll wait and see whats the devs come up with I guess 🙂

@eller I appreciate the attempted help and glad it ended up working for you.

wanted to cover all my bases and contacted Spotify support directly.

After sending them a screenshot, they told me they were going to make some 'changes' to my account, and that I would see the results in a few days. Will see what happens...

A little confused as to what those changes they might be, as this issue isn't just specific to my account.

in addition.. I don't know if this issue is related, but my "recently played" hasn't updated for about a week now. man.. when it rains it pours lol

Btw, are only rock stars and mods able to tag people now? I've tried tagging several people (including you) and it hasn't worked.

What do you mean by tag, @user-removed?

@Eiler wrote:

What do you mean by tag, @user-removed?

@I meant tagging as in @Eiler

When I have tried tagging people like that, it didn't seem to be working.

Thought I'd give this thread a bump since it's been over a month and I still have yet to get any in-app activity.

And just in case someone decides to post in without reading the entire thread.

This has nothing to do with Spotify removing the bell icon and discontinuing its in app activity on the desktop version.

I still have the bell and it never disappeared.

Two different situations.

Screenshot_2016-05-26-11-06-15.png

Suggested posts