Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy watch 4 offline playback not working

Galaxy watch 4 offline playback not working

Hi,

Is anyone else having a problem with galaxy watch 4 offline playback? I simply see no such option on the watch - not able to browse or download playlists, just seeing the recent ones and can only play them via the phone.

Using Spotify premium and galaxy s10 plus. Tried reinstalling the app a few times too.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

6 Replies

Hey there @Salavatty,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

First up, make sure that your device meets these requirements. If it does, just follow the steps in this article to download your music for offline listening.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not a very helpful answer. For anyone monitoring this topic and interested in a genuine answer, in one of the early YouTube video reviews of Galaxy watch 4 I saw a reviewer say that Spotify app needs to be updated to support offline playback on this wearable. Let's hope the update comes soon - would be great if someone from Spotify could kindly provide a timeline?

Hi,

think the WearOS app is just not ready for offline playback. I´m also very disappointed by Samsung and Spotify - my Watch 3 with Tizen is able to do offline playback for more than a year now. When I got my Watch4 on friday, I couldn´t believe Samsung made a step back.

On the website it says the feature will be ready "in the coming weeks" - whatever that should mean. I can´t believe it´s that difficult to compile the Tizen app for WearOs...

Hi Salavatty,

the offline feature works for me with the today´s update of the app. In the playback screen I can touch the device icon and select "this watch" as playback device. Swiping to the left gives access to playlists etc. Selecting a playlist gives "download to this device" which also works.

Note: downloading only works if the watch is connected to WIFI or LTE and there is no bluetooth connection to the watch. Seems the bluetooth connection breaks the internet connection for spotify. This "feature" was also present in the Tizen version of the spotify app.

Regards,
Sebastian

I believe I have the app and watch at the proper version to support downloading to watch and offline play; however, the listing shown on the watch is severely lacking, essentially leaving this function still completely broken. There is no "download to watch" option in the phone app at any level, but downloading is present on the watch but the options in the listing are:

- Downloads(empty)

-HeavyRotation

*song playlist I don't care about

-Recently Played

*same song playlist above

*Podcast #1 which contains no unplayed podcasts

*Podcast #2 which contains no unplayed podcasts
-Shows you may like

*Several podcasts I don't care about

I've added new podcasts to my subscriptions and even added and played new podcasts on the phone app, but they never appear in the watch listsing. So the option to download exists, but there's functionally nothing for me to download(only podcasts I've already listened to or podcasts I'm not subscribed to and don't care about).

Hi @keepaustinugly

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you're having issues, we'd recommend you try the following:

• Restart the devices.
  • Reinstall the app on the watch.
  • Re-pair the watch with your phone.

On another note, offline listening on smartwatches with Wear OS is still being rolled out to all users. It may take a few weeks to be fully rolled out in every region.

In this case, we suggest that you keep the app up to date. For more info, check this article. 

Regarding the content you're seeing in Your Library on the watch - wearable UI is very light and limited in its capability, compared to a mobile app for example. The watch is also meant to be used primarily alongside a phone in order to benefit from most features.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, just let us know. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts