Getting Tired of This App

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Samsung S21

My Question or Issue

So, I have used Spotify for years and these past few weeks have been the worse experiences I have ever had with the app. I haven't ever been bothered when it comes to the free version, but it seems like Spotify doesn't even seem to care about the users that don't pay for their "premium" features. These past few weeks, many of the features I enjoy have been nonexistent. I'm not even prompted for 30 minutes of interrupted listening anymore (at best I can make it through 2 songs before an ad decides to grace my listening), Daily Mixes and New Releases are only on shuffle so I can't even listen to some of the songs I do enjoy, and my songs will also randomly decide to stop playing whenever it feels like...unless there's an ad on of course. I do not know if this affects anyone else but I'm beginning to wonder if Spotify is just another cheapskate trying to make easy money instead of actually trying to please their consumers. 

3 Replies

Hey there @johnny-d21,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Keep in mind that to get the 30 min uninterrupted playback you need to keep the video ad in focus and you have to make sure not to navigate to another app, browser, etc. It's also important to be careful of accidentally clicking the "No, thanks" button when prompted to watch the ad.

Additionally, you can check this article for more info. 

On another note, a Pick and Play playlist lets you select any track from it whenever you want, just like Spotify Premium. We’ve made all the playlists we make just for you on-demand. These include your Discovery Weekly, Daily Mix, and Release Radar playlists. Shuffle only playlists are marked with a blue shuffle symbol. This is not present on Pick and Play playlists.

Lastly, since you mentioned that the playback stops randomly, we suggest that you try performing a clean reinstall of the app on your phone. If this doesn't do the trick, could you give it a try using a a different internet connection?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Didn't work, can now only get one song in before the same ad turns on repeat. I'm not even prompted anymore to receive an ad break so I can really see you guys are "trying your hardest" on the issue. Thanks to you guys for being so cheap

Hey @johnny-d21,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're trying our best to help you out. 

Another thing that is worth trying is to log in to your account on another device to see if that changes anything. 

In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. Does that make a difference?

If nothing changes, you can send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts