Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Assistant and Spotify on Android Automotive (Volvo) do not understand I am Premium

Google Assistant and Spotify on Android Automotive (Volvo) do not understand I am Premium

Hi,

I started to use Spotify on a Volvo running Android Automotive.

Despite the fact that I am Spotify Premium, Google Assistant keeps saying that asking for a specific song is only for Premium users.

Everything (car OS + Spotify app) is up-to-date.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey @juberlin,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Just to confirm, is your Spotify account linked to you Google Voice assistant? If not, you can follow these steps to link them:

1. On your phone, go to Assistant settings, or open the Google Assistant app and say "Assistant Settings". If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download the Google Assistant app and log in with your Gmail account. Once you've installed it, you can open it and then hit on your picture profile at the top right to access settings.
  2. Locate and select Music.
  3. If you have Spotify install in the device, you'll see it to link it.

Once you've done that, we'd suggest you check if you've logged in onto the right account on the Volvo Android Automotive, perhaps you opened a free account by accident. You can try once more if you can ask the Google assistant to play some music on Spotify.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest you reinstall the app on the Android Automotive to see if you notice any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I'll double check, but my car is seen properly as a device on my other devices (i.e. I can see on my phone that my Volvo is playing music using this account).

I'll try to reinstall and login again.

I'll keep you posted.

Suggested posts