NEXT STEP

Google assistance is playing the wrong John Mayer songs... sort of

Google assistance is playing the wrong John Mayer songs... sort of

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

My Question or Issue

I've said it before and I say it again. This forum really needs more categories. Placing it in the developer forum as it seems like something a developer would want to take a look at. It really isn't a problem that I cared too much if it gets fixed, more of a funny glitch that I found interesting. 

I noticed it a couple of days ago after I wanted to play a song from the John Mayer album Room for squares. I tried playing Why Georgia and it played another song from the album. It's better to watch the video that I attached to see the glitch. I went through the whole album, song by song and at least three songs do the same thing. When I ask for one of those songs it says it's going to play My Stupid Mouth and then for some reason it starts playing Neon. 

I found this interesting and if anyone else could try it and see if they get the same result I would really like to hear it. Or if someone has noticed this with other albums I would really like to know that as well. Mostly curious about this strange bug. Tried it with a couple of other John Mayer albums but they seemed to work.

OBS: Video is attached, note that I'm from Sweden and my google home jumps from swedish to english when it feels like it, so that's why it sometimes pronounces the song names in strange ways.

5 Replies

Hey there! I think your post isn't in the right place - this board is dedicated to developers using Spotify's various APIs and helping out each other. The right place to post an issue with the app would be for example Help > {platform this is happening on}.

That way, other community members can help out with troubleshooting (in case this is something that you can resolve on your own) or moderators can have a look and report to the devs if needed.

It can be confusing at times but if you need help on how the Community is structured, you can always check out this FAQ for an overview.

Hope that was somewhat helpful!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Is it possible to move it? 

Yeah, you can request a moderator move it for you by clicking the three dot menu next to your first post > Report inappropriate content. When you click that, a page will load and there will be a field where you can input why you’re reporting this post. Just write in there that you accidentally posted in the wrong place and a mod can then know why it was reported.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi @Frag,

Thanks for your post in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We get that you're not satisfied with the experience you're having using Google Assistant to control the playback with Spotify. Here is our Support article that can give you more info on how to use Spotify with Google devices.

Keep in mind that on devices that don't have a native app, Spotify only provides an API that can be integrated into devices, so if you're experiencing issues, it's best to reach out to the manufacturer, as they are the ones who support and update the assistants behavior.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just wanted to bring it up, not a big deal. 

Suggested posts