Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP!! Unable to use spotify on my galaxy s4

Solved!

HELP!! Unable to use spotify on my galaxy s4

As the title implies I can't open spotify on my defice. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app multiple times but every time I try to open the app I am getting an error message. I have tried everything I could think of to resolve this issue including resetting the entire phone without a result. Does anyone know what is going on and knows what to do...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the s4 and its working fine. but I read on another forum that someone had this problem and they uninstalled spotify then connected the s4 to a pc then navigated to the phone and deleted the spotifiy folders. You may have a folder on the phone and on the sd card so check both. on my SD card its located at \Card\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
and on the phone its at
\Phone\Android\data\com.spotify.music
once deleted reboot the phone and download spotifiy and give it a try.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Be more specific. What happens when you try to open spotify? what does the error message say?
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

Sorry its in dutch, but the moment I try to open the app is this what I'll see. The app stops and I will be redirected to a feedback form. 

2015-06-27 13.08.57.png

I have the same problem on my S4. Been going on for about 3 or 4 days. Translated into English the error says "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped." You can then choose to either report the problem or press ok to close the window. I've made sure the app and my phone are up-to-date on updates and uninstalled/reinstalled, still get the same error.

Marked as solution

I have the s4 and its working fine. but I read on another forum that someone had this problem and they uninstalled spotify then connected the s4 to a pc then navigated to the phone and deleted the spotifiy folders. You may have a folder on the phone and on the sd card so check both. on my SD card its located at \Card\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
and on the phone its at
\Phone\Android\data\com.spotify.music
once deleted reboot the phone and download spotifiy and give it a try.

Suggested posts