Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTR 4067 - can't see in app

HTR 4067 - can't see in app

Hello I have got a problem with streaming spotify on my HTR 4067 Yamaha reciever. So I got premium acc. Try it on Android devices (and NB and PC also).

I try everything on forum here (hope so) DHCP on/off, got actual FW, restart, rename AV without spec. symbols, try DNS (google) atc.

AV is connected to LAN by cable.

What situation. Only way when spotify starts streaming on AV also from mobile devices (like phone, tablet) is when I start app on my PC, only on PC i can see AV so I start the stream and voiala every device where is the same acc logged now can see AV. Nice... but we have fammily acc home, and everybody wanna stream (not the same time sure). And there is the problem. Only possible way is take another acc (son for ex.) log on PC and now can son from any device where is logged stream but I cant no more 😄 Silly and I don't like it! 😄

Anybody knows? Where is the problem? Whats wrong. Only diference is PC is connected by cable another devices WiFi. But all devices see the AV (can operate with Yamaha app and ping also)... so it should not be problem.

H.E.L.P 😄

3 Replies

Hey there @Muflon1,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help you further with this.

Can you check how many networks you have (for example if you have a 2,4 GHZ or 5 GHZ frequencies), and make sure that all of the mobile devices and the receiver are on one network and the same one.

It would also be great if you can send screenshots from the devices that you see in the Connect picker list.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy. Thanks for reaction. I have router with booth 2,4 and 5GHz. But it looks like there is no "rule".

I Have PC on LAN - if I login my acc i can see AVR immediately

If I logged same acc on mobile phone, tablet or whatever (wifi) I can see AVR also.

But, for example after AVR restart I never more seen AVR on mobile devices (on wifi) till I log on PC again... than is everything OK.

Another acc is the same situation. Is necessary log on acc on some LAN device and than is again AVR visible for all devices where is that acc logged.

I try both combinations... 2,4GHz, 5GHz. But it's still same. Also for example NB on wifi does't work till LAN login.

If I login my acc on my PC, NB, tablet and mobile than I in every device can see every other devices and AVR also. And is the same with another acc. But never can't see AVR on another acc if which was't "authorized" by LAN login.

Wierd.. i am not absolutely like, know some basic thing but this... Looks like problem in network but i don't thing so. Or better I absolutely don't know where or what.

During this post I try another thing. If I connect NB to LAN also with another acc than mine. So on PC is mine acc on NB is acc of my wife. Than I can see AVR on booth (NB and PC on LAN). But on mobile devices I can see AVR only on devices which are logged on LAN device where I tap on AVR icon and "authorized, approved or whatever i'll call it :D". Than if I make it on PC I can see AVR on my mob with my acc. If I make it on NB where is acc of my wife I "steel" visibility AVR on my mobile devices but on mob. devices of my wife i AVR visible Lil tricky. Silly of this

Hey there @Muflon1

Thanks for getting back in touch and for letting us know that. 

Would you mind letting us know the exact Spotify version of all your devices?

Also, we suggest that you make sure the firmware of your Yamaha device doesn't have any pending updates.

Lastly, just to confirm, are you trying to use Connect via the Yamaha MusicCast app? If so, could you try the following steps from the MusicCast app:

• Go to the Settings menu.
  • Select "Add New Device".
  • Follow the remaining steps to set up. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts