Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have space to update but spotify keeps telling me I don't

Have space to update but spotify keeps telling me I don't

I keep getting prompted to update spotify on my Android (alcatel one touch). It says only needs a little over 29 MB of space, However I have almost 300 MB and it still won't update. I went in and cleared out all cached data and unnecessary files and it still says that it has insufficient storage space. Whats going on? Does it actually need more space then this or is it just a glitch?

2 Replies

I have a similar situation. I have an Android Dumb**bleep** Phone and it won't allow me to download any more songs when I have sufficient amount of storage left. In my personal opinion, I think our phones are malfunctioning. Keep searching, good man

So I took all the downloaded apps off my phone, and downloaded them again. This solved the problem once...now it wants to update again and is doing the same thing. When I took all those apps off I lost one that I really miss and I am definitely not going to do the same thing again because I don't have that many apps to lose. When you go to "storage" on your phone I think the amount of space it tells you you have can be misleading. The now 200 MB of space it shows me seems to also include the space it uses for processing or something (can you tell I have no idea how the micro processor in my phone works?) so is not really a true representation of how much space you have for downloading new crap. Another frustrating thing. When I first got my phone I bought a 16 GB memory card to make more space on my phone but 90% of the apps on my phone won't save to it. Even set as the default write disk, I still seem to be eating  up the 2 GB on my phone first. Next phone I get is going to have to be a 4 GB because this is ridiculous....Oh and its "Good woman" not  "good man"...

Suggested posts