Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Having spotify installed stops other apps from loading

Having spotify installed stops other apps from loading

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Oppo A9

Operating System

ColorOS / Android 10

My Question or Issue

Been working fine for months, but now stops any and all of my apps from opening/functioning. Also causes my phone to crash

The time this started happening was when I started a playlist download - which has worked fine for over 10 other playlists

I have powered off the device, restarted, reinstalled numerous times

After uninstalling and doing a system restart I find that the spotify icon keeps reappearing after restarting the device, however nothing happens when I try and open it.

I suspect something is going wrong with the uninstall process and is the root of this issue

As expected, the play store can not see spotify on my device and gives me the option to install (which I have tried many times including clearing cache and data)

So much as redownloading spotify will cause my apps to freeze and not launch, even prevents proper system shutdown leaving me on a black screen.

1 Reply

Hey @zgd-stf6_cysi,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far and would like you to try and perform a clean reinstall using these steps. They are more thorough and make sure that no leftover files remain. Be sure to also restart your device, this is an effective, but often overlooked step.

If you have any cache clearing and battery optimization apps it would be a good idea to turn them off to see if that has an impact. It's possible that they are interfering with the app data.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts