Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! They are always "downloading" my songs.

Solved!

Help! They are always "downloading" my songs.

Hi, my name's Brandon.
I have a problem, recently I downloaded different "playlist". I chose to be downloaded in the "SD". The internal memory of my Samsung is 5 GB, therefore it is not possible to download my songs there. The problem is that when I finish downloading all my songs when switching to the "Offline" mode, none of them will play. It appears as if the song is downloaded, but does not play it. I open Spotify again and it appears to me again "Downloading ..." It's really annoying, I hope someone has a solution. My cell phone is a Samsung Grand Prime, 32 GB SD

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Brandon!

It could be that your phone does not have enough space to host the selected playlist. I would try creating a smaller version of the playlist on your own and see if your phone can hold the data. 

Good luck!

Keep your strange

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I found the solution! For some reason the SD card does not allow storing files, rare. I switched to my old 4GB SD Card and it works fine. I will try with a 16 GB SD and tell you what the result was. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Strange that it happens immediately. You do wait until all the songs have the green downward pointing arrow before going offline?

You don't turn off the "download" switch before going into offline mode?

I have the songs with the arrow down, already completely downloaded, supposedly. I switch to "No connection" mode and it appears as if I could reproduce them, but it does not reproduce, it stays in the minute 0:00 and it does not pass from there.

yeah same problem at my Xperia Z3. After i downloaded my playlists and set to offline mode a few playlists disappeared ("playlist is not playable") and next time at home I had to download them again. After spotify they should be located on my sd card (64gb). Since last week I have downloaded less playlists in offline mode and its working until now.  5GB free on my internal memory.

@Braan20 can you try reformatting the SD card in the phone then switch spotify's storage location back to the SD card and try downloading a playlist again.

Marked as solution

Hey Brandon!

It could be that your phone does not have enough space to host the selected playlist. I would try creating a smaller version of the playlist on your own and see if your phone can hold the data. 

Good luck!

Keep your strange
Marked as solution

I found the solution! For some reason the SD card does not allow storing files, rare. I switched to my old 4GB SD Card and it works fine. I will try with a 16 GB SD and tell you what the result was. Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts