Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help: Unlinked local tracks stay linked on mobile

Help: Unlinked local tracks stay linked on mobile

Hi

I am using android and have spotify premium.

When I downloaded a remix album and added it to spotify, spotify automatically linked several of the local tracks to non-remixed spotify tracks. Obviously I didn't want this so I unlinked them all by right clicking on them and selecting unlink. However when I sync them to my mobile device they are still linked and so I get the normal version of the tracks rather than my local version. This is frustrating as there is no unlink option on mobile and I have already unlinked them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charlie.

30 Replies

I have the same question - it didn't used to be like that. It's very frustrating to have 2 versions of a song and only be able to hear one of them on my mobile.

BUMP for a response from Spotify

I too am having this problem, only mine may be even more annoying.

I wanted Garth Brooks on my phone, which isn't on Spotify.  So I ripped the CDs and put local files into Spotify.  The problem is, that FOR SOME REASON, Spotify links some of these songs to some crappy tribute singer on Spotify.   So instead of being able to hear the real songs on my mobile, I get this crappy tribute band instead.

Why can't you unlink on mobile!?     Also why the heck can't you sort!?

I can also state this is happening with a few of my songs on iOS. Highly annoying!

Sadly, this is a problem on the iPhone as well. I wish someone from Spotify would address the issue on this forum.

Yes I am not sure why this isn't being addressed. I am VERY furstrated with this as well. Because I like my library organized, and cleanly organized artwork etc. Yet it replaced that important data with what "Spotify" thinks is correct. I wish they would fix this ASAP next update please this is essential.

Just to be clear. Does this also happen if you make a new playlist, unlink tracks and only then sync to your mobile?

I.e. if you make a new playlist with one or two songs that Spotify "wants" to link, unlink them and afterward sync that new playlist to your device, will they be linked again on your device?

And if so, please link your playlist and some of the tracks in question, so we know what to look for.

Community Ergo Sum

Yes here is an example... 

Lorelei

On the mobile App. it likes to link it to Styx Gold album artwork etc. when I have it as unlinked track on my desktop from Styx: Greatest Hits along with my own artwork from iTunes.

Also AC DC does this too likes to link it to various songs on spotify. 

Givin' The Dog A Bone

Some Sin For Nuthin'

Here it adds artwork when I have none... and it also, in Som Sin For Nuthin' puts all words as caps. Givin' The Dog a bone is from Back in Black it likes to add artwork from some other AC DC album.

There are tons of tracks it does this too. Bascially if it can be linked there seems to be an issue on Mobile App. This is using the iPhone app. latest version running ios 6.

Those are Sptify URL's to the playlists which just contain those songs I quickly added for you.

Hope this will lead to a resolved issue.

Thanks

Any information about what is causing this? I posted some tracks from a playlist this is happening.

I just got a reply from someone and sending them your examples now.

Community Ergo Sum

Thanks Let me know if you need images or anything more examples I have plenty.

I love examples! Bring it on 😉
Community Ergo Sum

I will get you some ASAP. Along with screen shots etc. Although I hope this is resolved soon or at least let us fix the tags from linked files for our own use.

Thanks,

-Austin Hoyt

Hey, just wanted to say that I had the same problem and went around it by deleting the tag data before redownloading the playlist.

I did this today, and it still isn't working. I have photo's below, which show how what I am talking about. Notice how some items such as AC/DC This Means War is in all Caps, on my libary is doesn't have all caps. Also none of the AC/DC albums have artwork yet they do here. 2Pac is showing artwork that doesn't match what I have loaded into the file I own on iTunes (which shows up on spotify desktop correctly). This is frustrating and needs to be corrected PLEASE, this shouldn't happen unless we choose. I feel this ruins the "seamless" experience I like to have that I am use to.

And just and FYI yes these files are UNLINKED on Spotify! but get linked when added to mobile and only on mobile are they linked.

IMG_0700.PNGIMG_0701.PNGIMG_0703.PNGIMG_0705.PNGIMG_0706.PNGIMG_0707.PNG IMG_0699.PNG

I added those examples any word on a solution?

I too have this problem and can provide examples if needed.

This really needs to be fixed. Could Spotify give an estimate of when we can expect a fix or a workaround?

I am also having this problem on iOS. The fact people have been complaining about this for over six months and it's not been fixed simply is not good enough. You are happy to take £10 a month from me - please fix commonly reported problems. This is a joke...

Is this problem getting fixed? I bought an album on Amazon and It keeps linking one of my tracks to some silly kids song album. This is annoying. I unlinked on the PC but it is still linked on moblie. It plays the right track but the stupid Golashes picture and the KIDS MUSIC album is still on my phone. If someone sees splish splash splosh, they are going to think I am an idiot. BTW I deleted the track and started over and it still did the same thing. Here are pics of my PC and a screenshot of my phone

Stuff.jpgStuff2.jpg

Suggested posts