Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help: Unlinked local tracks stay linked on mobile

Help: Unlinked local tracks stay linked on mobile

Hi

I am using android and have spotify premium.

When I downloaded a remix album and added it to spotify, spotify automatically linked several of the local tracks to non-remixed spotify tracks. Obviously I didn't want this so I unlinked them all by right clicking on them and selecting unlink. However when I sync them to my mobile device they are still linked and so I get the normal version of the tracks rather than my local version. This is frustrating as there is no unlink option on mobile and I have already unlinked them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charlie.

30 Replies

So what is the deal with this? Are you planning on fixing this? Has it been addressed as something to be fixed? I mean its been months now, and I would like an update. Several of us have posted pictures of this problem. I understand you get tons of requests and bug issues but this is something I feel should be placed higher up in the list especially before features requests.

Thanks,

-Austin Hoyt

It's been added to the list of things to fix; but to be honest, as there are also other outstanding issues which are affecting more users, this issue didn't make it to the top of the list, just yet.

Community Ergo Sum

It's not ideal I know..but expanding on another posters workaround for this :

Use Spotify to edit the tag to the extent that it can no longer find a link for the track in question.

For example - The track "I Miss You" by Blink-182 - for some reason Spotify links it to some silly compilation album called "I am Sleepy". Unlinking the track only fixes the problem in the desktop app. On the mobile device the problem is still there. So in the desktop app right click on the track and "Edit Info". Rename it to something like "I Miss U" or "XI Miss You". Once done right click on the track again. The option to link or unlink should no longer be there. In other words Spotify no longer thinks it has a link for it. Assuming you have the artwork embedded in the track it will now show up properly on your mobile device.

Clearly there are two reasons why this is less than ideal :

1. The problem is quite widespread - i.e. most of us would find it totally impractical to go through our whole library and do this for every problem track.

2. It screws with the names of our tracks

Nevertheless, I thought it might be of interest.

JP

Hey sorry to revive an old thread I was just wondering if there was any news regarding progress on this issue as I'm now experiencing it.

Tracks being relinked to the database when they are put through the mobile app which sometimes causes them to be relinked in the desktop app, particularly if they happened to be starred songs. 

It's just a little frustrating as I'm not happy with the metatags in question.

Still nothing.... lame.

I have a different problem:

I've erased some offline songs that I don't want anymore in the App, but it didin't liberate space in the SD card...

Does anyone knows what I have to do to clear just some albums and/or songs from the App AND SD Card?

Sorry, my english is not too good.

Thanks!

Jorge

It's been over a year now. What's the status? This is a maddening bug. I would *so* much rather you fix this than work on removing support for starring songs. 😞 

This problem still exists, at least on iphone 6.

After hitting the 3333 offline song limit on my device, I'm trying to import songs from itunes to free up room for offline syncing. 

This problem deserves to be fixed as it is the only temporary workaround to the offline syncing limit.

Keep in mind: 1) there are  other music services that do not have a syncing limit AND permit easily importing local files, 2) Apple will be releasing a streaming music service this summer which will no doubt work seemlessly with itunes. 

If this issue is not fixed and/or the syncing limit is not removed, I , and many other apple users, will cancel the premium service.

I cancelled my premium account months ago due to the lack of support on mobile.

Suggested posts