Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hidden or blocked songs?

Hidden or blocked songs?

Sometimes I find artists who have hidden or blocked songs that I can't play, they're in a dark Grey colour and there's no information about what it is happening or how I can fix it. I have premium account since 2015 and I just find it unfair, paying 10€ per month and having this "lack of options"
Screenshot_20190531_073623_com.spotify.music.jpg
8 Replies

Hey there @Luc1701,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, could you let us know if you're seeing any error messages that the songs you'd like to play are blocked?

If not, we'd first recommend checking if you have the setting to Show unavailable songs in playlists found in the app's settings toggled on. 

If you do, keep in mind that when tracks are grayed out and won't play, it can also mean that they are no longer available in your location. You can find more info about this here.

To avoid seeing any unavailable tracks in your location in the future, you can simply toggle the setting off.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi! I do have a song that is unavailable for me in my account but on my friend’s account is visible and I don’t know how to “unhide” it! I’ve already tried this method but still I can’t hear.

Hey @mariaandrea100,

Thanks for bringing this up.

As the availability of content on Spotify is specific to the region you're in, could you check the country settings on your account and compare them to the country in your friend's account? You can find out how to do this here.

If the regions match, could you send us a screenshot of the song you can't play and tell us which country you are currently residing in?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My friend and I live in the same city and we both reside in the United States and only I am not able to hear certain songs I don’t really get it it’s random songs that are unplayable for me and not for her, I hope you guys can help me out with this because it’s kind of upsettingSong i can’t playSong i can’t playmore songs i can’t playmore songs i can’t play

Hi there @Lila-Paige,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs within one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It happens on all my devices!! I've tried on ipad, android and on my computer. I think it's actually because I hid the songs before a long time ago because they played too often, but it's definitely a glitch because it won't let me unhide them. Other songs let me unhide them right after. I'm so sad about this because they're some of my favorite songs 😭 I hope it can be fixed somehow

Hey @Lila-Paige,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we recommend, if you wish, to create a new account to check if there you could listen to this song. If you don't notice this inconvenience on the new account, we suggest you continue using that one. You can unify both your old and new account by transferring all your music. You can find the steps to do it here.

On another note, we'd like you to know we understand how important thins song id for you. Another user had a similar inconvenience, so they posted an idea about it here. Even though the status is set as Closed - Not Enough Votes, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We suggest adding your vote by clicking on the thumbs up icon. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu; that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

AlejaRModerator

Got the same issue, nearly half of my playlists became unavailable. Upgrading the old version of spotify helped to resolve this. Check if you're running an updated version of spotify before you post. 

Suggested posts