Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home and search not working and playlists empty :-(

Home and search not working and playlists empty :-(

Hi all

I hope someone cane help!

On my android tablet my Spotify home page is blank with a 'something went wrong try again message', the search doesn't work and all listed playlists are empty.

I have a windows phone and spotify is working fine on that.

I have uninstalled spotify on my tablet, powered it down and back up and reinstalled twice and this hasn't helped. My husband also has an android tablet and is not having any of these problems.

I'm so frustrated. Someone please help!

6 Replies

What device and Android version are you using? Do you have a memory card, if so can you try a clean install with it out of the device?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi

Thanks for replying!!!

I am using a PolaTab with android version 5.1.1.

I think i have a memory card somewhere but i'm not using one in the tablet (it does have a slot for one). How do i do a 'clean install' with it outside of the device?

If you're not using the sd card in your tablet then no need to worry. Can I check you are using your own Spotify account and not sharing one with your husband?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi

Yes, my husband and i share the account and use it on our laptop, tablets and phones (although obviously not at the same time as Spotify doesn't support that).

I have checked my tablet again today and ALL playlists are all showing as empty (previously some of my own playlists were listing some tracks). This means i can't use spotify at all now all playlists are empty and i can't search for anything either.
My account is working on all our other devices with all playlists showing tracks and search works.

I hope that information helps...

Are you aware that account sharing is in violation of the terms and conditions of use?

I suggest you create your own account and see if the problem persists.

Also check out www.spotify.com/family

Android Troubleshooting:

I have restored to factory settings today and reinstalled (again) and this didn't help either.

I didn't realise i was breaking the terms of condition by my husband an i using 1 account. If we have to have our own account at the cost of £10 a month that makes spotify very expensive.

I will try creating a new account and see if that helps...

Suggested posts